So-Called RtR: Day 11

Peace!

What is the Science? Can you tell I'm finally doing better. Much better. Everything seems to be getting easier. I'm a long time faster and I know that after the initial detox you feel much better afterward. I finally hit afterward.

The spooky thing is I'm not really hungry. My appetite has severely decreased. Severely. Last week I was eating anything that was raw that happened to come in snatching distance. Now I am becoming more discriminate. I can tell you this.... I am sick of salads. Salads will always be the fall back food. But I an sick of all the damn crunching.

I do feel some ease in my clothes. That's a plus, but not the goal. The goal was to get healthy and clean myself out. If I should happen to lose a few pounds in the process that's okay. I'm not getting on the scale though. If I do then it will turn into a diet rather than my intended.

I have come to the foggy point. My mind is not useful land for my employer or anyone that wants to have a worldly conversation. I have gotten to the point where although I'm clearheaded my thoughts are not really so much about mundane things. I am always contemplating mental and internal elevation and my meditation is AMAZING. But it's not so good if you're driving. Having people around is grounding because they scream things like, "that's your turn!" But its hard for me to talk to them because I am struggling to find words. I knew this was coming. I get the dumbs when I fast or am not getting excess protein. I'm now waiting to feel things crawling around in my stomach. I wonder how far it will go. i really suspect that this is a different plateau of detox. I'm curious to how I'd feel after season of fasting rather than just a month. But not that curious. I miss stuff.... Hot beverages, pizza, etc. But if i get to the point this month where I don't want them who knows?

This morning, anticipating rain, I did 2 workouts. One a 20 minute cardio workout and a 15 minute core workout. Today is a core day. Yes... I was late for work. It happens. I won't be disappointed if it's to wet to walk this afternoon. I miss my daily walks through the city of Atlanta. Who knew I was going to enjoy it so much? Last night I did yoga before bed and it kept me up. So, the lesson to be learned is it doesn't matter the type of exercise. It cannot be done right before I get into bed. I kind thought that the yoga would be more like a meditation easing me to sleep. But is not. It increases my heart rate.

I have made a startling discovery.... My right arm is longer than my left, by like a half an inch! I noticed it while doing yoga. some moves like downward dog I was putting my right hand flat on the floor and I noticed that I was bracing against my fingers of the left had. It was killing my wrist. When I would put the left hand flat on the ground I could feel pressure through my hip and I would be off balance. So this made me curious enough to measure. Again, Who knew? I backed myself up against a wall with my shoulder flat against it and extended my arms. Right arm longer. Then I measured from the armpit. Again, right arm longer. I wonder if I go back to the chiropractor can they fix that? I don't want to believe that I am lopsided like this. I have enough problems. My god-sister reminded me of the days when I had to wear Forrest Gump style corrective shoes. Not cool. Not cool at all.

I have had a bit of pain in my knees when working out. Yes I am warming up and stretching. Last week, my knees were crunching. This week, they are flat out just hurting. Sharp pain too. I have been adjusting my positioning and that's alleviating it right now. I hope this isn't a permanent pain.

I kind of feel like I'm coming down with something. You know that tingly feeling you get on the inside parts that is usually followed by a cold? That's what it feels like. I have noticed that my body temperature is lower than normal. This morning after my workout it was 98.0*. I was burning the dude that I carpool with the heat. Even then my hands were cold to the touch. I suspect it's something else, but we shall see....

I did a marathon uncooking session in the kitchen. I made raw vegan pop tarts, onion bread, some dill pickle flax chips corn salad and started some more rejuvelac. Would have made the broccoli salad but it was raining to hard to think about getting out of the car to go to the store. Another time. The corn salad is okay. I mean it's corn salad. Little more than a garnish really. It's going to take an intentional paradigm shift to get me to think of a lot of foods and entrees rather than garnish. Less crunching though.

This is what I ate today....
1 banana
Corn salad
1 mango
dill pickle flax chips
and...... Raw Vegan Turtles!!!! I'll tell y'all about them tomorrow

See? Not hungry.





Peace

Comments

Anonymous said…
I really respect your dedication.

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue