So-Called RtR: Day 10

Peace Good People!

I am very encouraged!!!! I had a good weekend with my mother and god(non-righteous)-sister. It was Mother's Day and normally my mother doesn't respect my decisions. When I walk into a room where she is, I become 6 years old to her. It's disgusting. When I was married I was able to become a little older for a time, but when my marriage ended I went back to being 6 again. But I stuck to my guns this weekend, despite her every effort to get me to eat her food and I maintained! We went up there on Saturday, and I packed food for that. On Sunday, I was still asleep when she wanted to go to Shoney's (with their breakfast bar!) for breakfast. I brought my own food for breakfast. For dinner we went to Golden Corral. Normally, I hate buffets, but there were extenuating circumstances. But I ain't mad.... this time.

Back to the grind....

I think the detox is over. I finally feel good and am getting all that good goodness that one gets after a long fasting session. The clear headedness and the refreshing deep sleep.

Today I decided to mix it up. I did the crazy 690 in the morning rather than at night. I wanted to see if it was gonna adversely affect my day to do it in the am. It didn't. Actually it was a relief to get that over with. I did yoga in the evening. I had more choices because early in the morning the fitness channel has paid programming on and no exercise shows and I have to use on-demand. But in the evening there is a bunch of different shows to choose from. I like it. I didn't walk again. It was cold and rainy Monday. The meteorologists never mentioned rain. I would have walked to work.

As I looked over my food diary from last week, I noticed that I was eating way more fruits than vegetables. I had to ask my self why. Fruits tend to be more user friendly than veggies. Veggies require that you prepare them in some way. I mean you could just tear and eat broccoli or cauliflower like you do grapes, but you won't. Also be mindful a there are a lot of fruits that folks consider veggies (tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers) and fruits have more calories and less nutrients than veggies. So I need to add on some veggie recipes in my repertoire. I have decided on broccoli salad and corn salad. But your gonna have to wait on the review of those. Since I haven't made them yet. I have recipe and am planning a long un-cooking session tonight. No rush since I don't have to do the crazy 690. I also plan to make some raw bread/crackers and play with a recipe I have for raw vegan pop tarts.

I had 18 glasses of water today. I am used to all the water now. Who knew? If I dropped my water intake to like 3 glasses a day, I could trick my body into losing weight. It will be very tempting to NOT do this. I had an argument with my mother on Sunday. She doesn't understand why I'm a vegetarian. She thinks she made me hate meat in my childhood. No Mommie, that would be grits! Her rationale is being a vegetarian hasn't done anything for me since I haven't lost any weight. SMH. My thin god-sister who is also a vegetarian was sitting next to me telling her it's not about weight loss. Its about right living. I also pointed out that she has a basket full of meds that she visits daily. I remind her of all the illnesses that she has. I also had to point out how swollen her feet are. All that happened before she was 40. I am very close to 40 and take no medicine. My blood pressure is so low that when I do go to a doctor they take it at least 3 times before they believe it. I have corrected asthma, sinusitis, PMS and a lot of other ailments with my diet. Am I 100% healthy, no. But who is? I am closer to it than a lot of people my age and younger.

I grow so tired with people equating thinness with health. They bury thin people as well as thick. I recognize I will never be as thin as she would like. I'm a big boned grown woman; not some high school girl. And it is not the goal to please her. I am healthy. In the grand scheme of things isn't that all that really matters?

This is what I ate today....
Salsa and flax chips
Almonds
Dried cranberries
1 Apple
3 Teaspoons of Almond butter
Yeah, I wasn't really hungry.



Peace


PS: My kimchi is delicious! Just needs a cracker to sit on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue