Ooch-Ouch Girl

This is kind of pissing me off. Why can't I cut and paste from Word to here? There goes an hour I can't get back. Anyway....

I did it. I have begun the excercise portion of my healthy makeover. And I'm hurt all over. It's been 11 days since I began to truly eat better. (I sould like a recovering crackhead don't I?) I recognize that a good diet is just not enough. I plan to be a look looking old woman. And I don't want to be on any long term medications. Hell I don't want to be on ANY meds. I already eat a pretty healthy diet, yet I have some issues. So I suppose I have to move something.

I don't work on Fridays, and I don't go to church on Sunday's. I've chosen those days to walk at least 3 miles in the park. This park is cool. It has walking and hiking trails. There is a lot to see and be entertained while you walk. I want to be active at least 3 times a week; so Tuesday and Wednesdays are days earmarked to do something additional. I'm leaning on Pilates, but the last time I tried that I swear I felt like I was pulling my incision apart. I would like to swim, but my subdivision doesn't have a pool and the only facilities with pools are churches (NOT!) and the the "Y". The Y is not really open when I have time to go there. They keep the same working hours that I do. I do have a friend that has a pool in her subdivision. And whereas she refuses to get her hair wet and the rest of her peeps have little to no interest in swimming, she still won't part with one of the keys (her house has 3). I'm thinking she's one of them scared folks who is afraid to ruffle a rule. I suppose I could walk in the part after work, but something tells me that won't happen. It is hot as Hades these days when I get off work.

Another thing... I'm not inviting people to join me. That same friend with the pool is also a teacher. She is off this summer. I will not invite her to work out with me because she slows me down. We have gone down this path before and when she's not slowing me down she's bringing her kids along. And one of them I really want to punch like a man. I get annoyed at having to watch what I say in front of her kids.

One of the funny things I noticed while in the park was how the other Black women were dressed. Too funny. These chicks were decked out. Some had on ornate jewelry, some designer fanny packs, others full makeup. Damn! It's like that? I was getting my sweat on in sweat capris and a tshirt. It was 90* at 10 am. WOW!!!! I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and say they came home from early church services and just went out there like that. It reminds me another Black woman I saw who was jogging downtown with aperfectly coiffed ponytail, full makeup and a new outfit. I didn't see tags but I did see the plastic thingy the tag is attached to. My question is if you got like that to look like that then why aren't you at home or in a gym? Who are you looking for? And if you got to be cute, you ain't working out!

Today the pain kicked in. Every time I move it's ooch and ouch. Even breathing hurts. I know that if I continue to stick with I'll feel better. Even start to look forward to it and/or miss it when I don't do it. Yada, yada, yada. I know one thing. I better be a fine assed old woman. And I bet not be sickly either. Or someone is gonna receive something they did not deserve!


Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue