Backsliding on Home

All right, all right….. I know I’m prolly setting myself up for failure. Especially since I’m about to go to Show & Prove; and y’all know how it’s done on vacation… But… I think…. I am going to get back on the “raw food” bandwagon.

Two reasons. 1st reason: I feel guilty every time I put non-raw food in my mouth. And I try to rationalize it all out by eating a salad with it. Imagine how it all looks, BK (just an example. I don’t do fast food on the reg) veggie burger with cheese and all the fixins, onion rings (cause I only eat McDonald’s fries) a vanilla shake and a side salad. I rationalized that the fixins and the salad are raw and therefore count toward my goal of ‘high raw’. NOT. 2nd reason: And most importantly…. This morning I put on a dress that I couldn’t wear last summer. The dress was so tight I felt like a sausage in it. I almost gave it to Goodwill. But I wanted to wear a sweater today that I rigged last night and this dress was a good fit. I expected to have to wear all kinds of girdles to get up in this piece. No haps! I pulled this joker easily over my head and it zipped up with no problems. I gotta do what I can to keep this size or maybe go a little smaller.

This morning I’m back on the internet trying to get the back in the game. I’m realizing that a large part of the reason I backslid was because of boredom. I was essentially eating the same thing over and over. Pesto mushrooms, tacos and BBQ. That was pretty much it. But I asked myself what am I eating now that’s all diverse? Nothing really. Sandwiches and chips. I need to whack this diversity thing. Another real problem vs. the made up ones I usually choose, is I be hungry and can’t get filled on raw food. That is a more difficult issue to resolve. Cooked food is filling. The bread in a sandwich is enough to make me feel like I did something. I know I shouldn’t be eating to fullness. But some habits are hard to break. Some you don’t want to break. Why would I eat unless I was planning to get full? Doesn’t make sense to me.

Anywho…. I’d like to think that I’m back on track. I’m not going to dive head first into 100% raw. I’m going to ease into it. It may sound like a cop out. It very well may be. I've seen raw food vegan stuff advertised for S&P but..... let’s see what happens.



Peace

Comments

Kim said…
Every great journey starts with one step....
Every great quilt starts with one stitch....
Keep up the good work and your quest will be
realized. Its a matter of attitude and determination! You go girl!

Popular posts from this blog

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue