RtR: Day 24

Helloooooooooo..............

I'm feeling surprisingly goofy this morning. For real. It's surprising. Not so much that I feel goofy, I feel that often but that I feel it this morning. I have had drama this weekend.

I lost one of my step mothers. My family dynamic is very different from the average family. I had 2 stepmothers that I was close to. 1 is still alive. This step mother I have known the longest. I don't remember not knowing her. Her daughter and I are the same age and we were raised like sisters, going to the same schools and activities. this stepmother and I used to go swimming together, just the two of us. And she used to volunteer at my school. But she was VERY sick and suffering mightily so the best thing was for her to return to the Essence because there was nothing that could be done to relieve her pain. So I am happy that she has been released from it all. But now I worry about my sister and feel trapped by the 1000 miles that separates us. I had other drama, but it is a useless bunch of bull that doesn't bear repeating.

Now that there is only one more week left to this cleanse/fast, I have gotten to the point where I have become reflective and am wondering what's next for me. Well.... I like the way I feel when and after I do my daily walks. I am going to continue them. I think I like them better in the mornings than in the afternoons. I really am happy that I have reconnected with yoga. That makes me feel like I'm freshly put back together. It has even been good for my posture.

The raw food has been good too. I feel healthier, but I do miss a lot of things that brought me comfort like coffee and cooked desserts and potato salad and veggie burgers and pizza..... Yeah, I'm going back to cooked foods, but I am not going to hit them hard. Maybe 1 cooked thing a day or every other day. I really feel deprived.

I did not enjoy the weights at all. Not a bit. Nada. I can't even see what they have done in particular for me that couldn't have been done with yoga and walking alone. We shall see because I'm putting the weights back in their spot come June 1.

This week I lost not whole inches but half inches. I ain't complaining. half inches on my chest, tummy and thigh. Everything else stayed the same. Soon my bras won't fit. That will be dangerous to me and the general population at large.

So today is upper body day. I awoke and did the Crazy 690 and walked before work. When I got home I did yoga and prepared a watermelon. I don't like watermelon but it's so good for you and your kidneys. I don't have diabetes or kidney issues, but my mother and her side of the family has them. My mother and brother are diabetic and my brother has bad kidney's. Not that I'm claiming that, but I can see the value in preventative nipping in the bud. Watermelon is watery and it's rind is especially good for kidneys. So I'm going to juice, dehydrate and freeze various and sundry parts of this watermelon I have acquired from a home gardener in my efforts to flush my renal system. Fasting can cause blockages in the kidneys and the liver. A liver flush is also coming... Maybe this weekend.

This is what I ate today....
Mango smoothie
almonds and dried cranberries
banana
guacamole with flax chips
ceasar salad


Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue