RtR: Day 1

And here we go……

It’s May 1st! My first day of officially Raising the Rod. Whoo Hoo. I’m being facetious btw. Just because I now it’s good for me doesn’t mean I like it.

Yesterday I REALLY said goodbye to food. Really. I went to Burger King for a veggie burger combo and then went across the street to McDonalds for fries floating in mayo and a hot apple pie. I had lots of coffee, a muffin, a bag of chips finished off a casserole and drank about 2 L of Coke. I love coke. I awoke bloated and still full.

The one thing I did not do, was prepare for today. I was mentally prepared but that’s it. I had nothing ready as far as food goes. And the one thing about raw fooding is you MUST prepare or you will end up eating 5 bananas. So the better part of my afternoon was spent un-cooking. I’m shooting for 6 small meals a day. I started fermented nut cheese, flax chips, marinated mushrooms, fruit salad, and kimchi. I will be in a good spot come Wednesday. One of the thing I find interesting is since the first time I went raw, in 2006, there was very little information out there. Now it seems like everyone is raw. There is so much information out there. I am very impressed. Maybe it might take better hold this time. We shall see.

I did all my working out this morning… 30 min of yoga, walked 2 miles and 3 sets of lower body exercises. Now after a nap… I hurt. It’s funny that this month starts on a Saturday because Sunday is my off exercise day. I will need it. I shouldn’t have done it all at once. That’s not my plan for this month. I plan to spread it out. Yoga in the morning, Walking midday, weight training in the evening. The most successful diet I have ever been on had me exercising twice a day. Before breakfast and right before bedtime. That diet got me Air Force fine. But the Air Force discriminates against the buxom… I still ain’t over that.

I’m on my 100th oz of water. I’m not drinking anything other than water, rejuvelac and fresh juice. I did some housework and right now I am watching TV, collecting more raw recipes. The only thing I have left to do is meditate. That should be easy but I only like to do that when I’m on the bus. Less chance of falling asleep.

All and all, it’s a good first day. One down 30 to go.



Peace.

This is what I ate...
Lemon Honey Water
Fruit Salad
Veggie Salad
Nut brownie
Handfull of almonds

Comments

Precise said…
Kimchi yuck..... smells nasty so I can't imagine what it tastes like.

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue