RtR: Day 18

What's really good?

Today I actually have un-cooked meals to eat as opposed to loose fruit and vegetables. And a big salad kind of falls into that category. Yesterday I prepared food. I work in a doctor's office in a hospital building. For those of y'all that work outside the industry, one of the perks of working for physicians (which I do not) is that they get lunch or breakfast catered nearly every day by pharmaceutical companies. And not just sandwiches. They get real restaurant food from all over the city. Unless the doctor is out of the office, the employees can expect this courtesy, daily. The offices in the building where I work set up their break rooms to accommodate this. I work in a dental office. I get bupkiss. But I have befriended the people all around me so if I was truly starving, I could get a plate.

I said all that to say, yesterday afternoon, I smelled fajitas. Or at least that's what it smelled like to me. And it has ben forever since I had them. When I was a meat eater, it was one of my favorite foods, and I have made them vegan using mushrooms or some meat substitute. But I got a determined idea to create a raw version of this.

So... I cut up a yellow bell pepper (because I HATE green peppers) and some onions, sprinkled them with the fajita spice mix and froze them. Why, do you ask? Because freezing will break up the water in veggies and cause them to wilt. If I just put them in the dehydrator, they would remain sort of crunchy and the dehydratedness of it all would be too intense. Also freezing will put ice in the dehydrator and slow the process of un-cooking down so it can accommodate my workday. They are gonna be in there for 12 hours. I don't want them to shrink up and disappear. The ice and water will prevent that from happening.

As for the bread, I made that last night with the rejuvelac wheat berries. Side note... I will not be making a lot of rejuvelac this summer because it is Georgia hot in my kitchen, that encourages mold a lot faster than without said heat. They are tasty, pliable and waiting under my cake plate for their filling.

I also made broccoli salad and strawberry sherbet. Lunch and dinner
were the bomb. Breakfast was a mango banana smoothie. Do I always have to say banana when talking about smoothies? All my smoothies have banana in them for creaminess and texture. And I ate cranberries, raisins and nuts all day long. I want to keep my metabolism doing its things. I also drank another 20 glasses of water. You would think that I'm glowing. But I'm not.

My face is breaking out. My face never breaks out. Never has. I have no clues. A friend of mine says it's 2-fold. 1st... The pores of my body have reopened and can freely let out more impurities. And 2nd... the breakdown of fat is freeing the impurities trapped within and the pimples are them coming to the surface. Really? Not cool. I just want them gone. I'm too old for acne.

The routine was as follows....
Morning yoga for 25 minutes
Afternoon walking for 1.67 miles according to the pedometer
Lower body and ab workout with weights

I am not happy with my arms. Nothing is going on with them. I can see my tummy going down. I can feel my legs and thighs doing the weight loss sizzle. I can feel shoulder blades and even my collar bone is making an appearance here and there. My damn arms are just dangling off my shoulder like Hillshire hams. They are the only body part who's measurement hasn't changed. I could see if there was a muscle growing in there or something but I got nothing. Still have the bat-wings. I know it's only been 18 days, but I'm not happy, and clueless on what to do about it.

Also, I'm trying not to be lazy. I can be too. Instead of waiting to do housework in a marathon session, I'm striving to do a little everyday. I still and trying to come up with a household project that will make me happy. Any suggestions?

This is what I ate today.....
mango banana smoothie with almond milk
raisins, dried cranberries and nuts (almonds and cashews)
Broccoli salad (broccoli, carrots and raisins, and raw ranch dressing)
Spicy assed fajitas
strawberry sherbet

I see my appetite is returning. For some reason, I want cooked string beans.



Peace

PS: Do y'all get why I call it a so-called RtR when referring to me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue