RtR: Day 19

Peace!

Do y'all remember the Eddie Murphy stand up routine where he was joking on older women? Eddie Said they usually say one of 2 things over and over again: "What time is it?" and "I'm cold." Well it's official... I'm cold.

I have been cold for the last few days. I'd say a week or so. I took my oral temperature twice this morning. When I woke up and after yoga. I am not 98.7*. More like 98* and holding.That explains a lot. I have been freezing at work to the point where I have gotten vociferous about it and really got my complain on with the building contractors. But a cold body temperature means slow metabolism. I don't want that. Curious... Isn't all the exercise supposed to warm me up? And not that I'm trying to lose weight, but one of my 2010 goals is to normalize my metabolism from all the chronic dieting I have been doing throughout my life. That's why during this fast I have been nibbling food all day long, to keep my blood sugar normal and to keep my metabolism up. I'm wondering if I am hurting my long range plans by trying to be too healthy if there is such a thing.

All that food prep I did on Monday was cool. But I don't feel like preparing food every day. Raw food preparation So I can see and see quickly that there will be loose food days. Today is a loose food day.

For the last few days I have been doing something called kundalini yoga. I like it. It is not so much like the yoga that is predominantly out there. It is a more devout, spiritual (and I don't like using that word but can't think of a better one) practice. It has brought back to me the "5 Tibetans." I did them a few years back and then i wasn't ready for them. But I'm thinking they are going to make a come back in my cipher. Google it and check it out on youtube if you are interested in such things.

I cannot believe that I have less than 2 more weeks on this challenge. I am encouraged that I passed the 1/2 month mark. I have noticed that my posture is improving. I don't have a clue regarding how and why, just that it is. And when I go into a bad-posture position, I instantly know it. Very interesting.

Okay, here is the workout...
20 minutes of the kundalini yoga I like
Walked the 1.67 miles (I can do this in like 15 minutes now!)
The crazy 690

My knees are creaking so bad I think they're haunted. Its insane. No pain though. I work around all kinds of doctors and share a lot of social equality with them. I have e no problem asking for free advice and the general consensus is its fine as long as there isn't any pain. Okay. I hope to never post... "I was walking down the street and my legs just fell off..."

This is what I ate today...............
mango smoothie
almonds
broccoli salad
cherries
flax chips



Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue