RtR: Day 6

Day 6 is here. Whoo hoo!

This is going to be a more complete synopsis than usual. I work a half day tomorrow; and since I usually do these updates at work, I won't have time to write one. This weekend is Mother's Day and I will be traveling to bless my mother this weekend and won't have time to do my updates then either. So I am going to get all my thoughts out now.

Daily this is becoming easier. Detox has been terrible, but I believe I'm over the hump. I think it took longer to detox because I'm not fasting but changed my diet to a more healthy one. When I fast from all food, I usually have a hellacious 1st 3 days but everything else is gravy.

One of the things that have really slapped me upside the head is that the prescribed laws that I have made for myself will work better if I allow myself latitude. Who said that yoga must be the 1st thing in the morning? The reason I put it there was because I wanted to open my day with some stretching and flex-working. But yoga can be equally as beneficial at night. Same with the walking and weights. I can walk on my lunch break or to the job in the morning from the station rather than to the station. 1.5 miles is the goal. Who cares how it gets in there? I can do my lower body workout at the job since it doesn't require weights. Basically, I am now going to see my opportunities and take them.

One thing that you don't know about me (how could you, it is not something I speak about) is I rarely sweat. Even on the hottest of days. What makes me sweat is regular exercise. I have been regularly exercising for 2 weeks now (I started walking last week). It took that long for the sweat to arrive. Now that it's here, it acts like it doesn't want to stop. I broke out in a sweat this morning just walking for the bus. And it was a real sweat. That back drenching stuff. Now I have to sit in damp clothes at work. Yet another reason I dislike exercise.

The lower body stiffness is back. Not like it was before. Remember it took a full day for that to kick in. And I?m still a little tired. While laying in corpse pose this morning thinking about my day, I realized that a lot of this fatigue could be attributed to the fact that I went off coffee. So this might be a coffee detox symptom. Very suspicious. So I googled natural alternatives to coffee and found that long term and heavy consumption of coffee stresses out your adrenal glands. WOW! I am a long term heavy coffee drinker. So I guess I get what I get. Come June I plan to drink something that reminds me of coffee. I can't imagine life without coffee. That just seems bleak. But I want to do what's right for my body. So I will give chicory and some of the alternatives a shot. Life without coffee is not worth living.

I expect my arms to be stiff in the morning. >>>sigh<<< I did the crazy 690 arm workout I expect massive uncomfortableness come tomorrow. And I have to work a half day. Not really cool but what are you going to do?

You know what keeps my hunger at bay? Chewing gum. Seriously. When I am chewing gum, the desire to graze disappears. I'm not thinking of eating so I don't feel like I should be. That's strange because usually chewing gum stimulates the gut into thinking food is on the way. Apparently my gut is cool with thinking food is coming and doesn't. My boss doesn't like me chewing gum on the job, so I either have to chew it like a child at church with an evil usher looking over her shoulder or just eat all day long at my desk. Which he doesn't like either.

I want to start sprucing up my home a bit. I want to start with the bathrooms. Swap out the rugs, and shower curtains. How often exactly does one change shower curtains? I really don't know. The house I grew up in didn't have a shower in the main bathroom. The bathroom with a shower, the shower didn't work. I never lived anywhere since I moved from my mother's house long enough to get tired of the shower curtain. But this is the 8th year in my home and they are boring me. The rugs too. I'll see.

Since I'm not monitoring my weight in 2010, I decided to monitor my progress through measurements. The initial measurements were a little shocking to me. I have always considered myself to be and hourglass shape. But in actuality I am a pear with big boobs. Not sure how I feel about that. I took chest, waist, hip, thigh and arm last Saturday. I will re-measure them on Saturday before I head down the road a piece. See if they changed. I'm not expecting any changes because of all the new muscle I grew this week. Who says I'm not funny?

It is always so difficult to pleasantly maintain my diet around my mother. She is a good cook. Though, I'm never tempted to stray from my rules; she does guilt you into foolishness. It makes her angry to have to cook something special for me, when I'm usually the only vegetarian in the room. She will cook special meals for any of her other guests. Just not me. I have been a vegetarian for 10 years and she is just beginning to understand it. When I told her at Christmas that I was now vegan, she threw the spoon that she was using to stir her mac and cheese at me. She is one of those people who will sneak prohibited food on you and then rejoice when you eat it. She doesn't believe that it could possibly make you sick. That is, until I got violently ill from eating a meal that I asked 3 different people if it had meat in it at a Shoney's while on a road trip with her years ago. I threw up so severely that I became dehydrated and incoherent for the rest of the trip. That frightened her enough to be honest about what is in her food. Doesn't stop her from trying to get me to eat chicken, though. Apparently chicken is some kind of holy meat. The gospel bird. Meat holds no allure at this point. I'm quite sure that she will have no clue what to feed me on the raw food diet. I'm bringing food with me and on Sunday I will try to talk her into a restaurant that has a salad bar. Although she loves Red Lobster. Check back on Monday to see how that works out.



Peace

PS: Told you it was going to be a long update.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue