I've fallen and I can't get up!

I did a baaaaaad thing. I exercised!

I walked 4 miles on Saturday. Now there was a point in the recent year that walking 4 miles was not that big of a deal for me. But Saturday…. It was. I’m real good about maintaining my walking schedule when the weather is cooler. Cold makes you want to move. But when it’s hot, and I’m talking about Georgia heat and humidity, don’t nobody want to go out when it’s like that. And once you fall off, it’s hard getting back on.

Everything hurts. Everything is stiff. I had my bad and legs lock up on me on Sunday. Definitely not a good look. The heating pad has been my constant companion. My shins are screaming. I know the correct mode of action should have been to go walking again yesterday. And I did…. To some degree… In the mall and shops. And this morning’s commute found me moving much slower than I normally do.

So what’s the plan from here? Well exercise must become something that is a permanent part of my life. Walking is a very benign form, so I guess I have to master that before I can move on to other more intense adventures. Also, I need to be mindful that I am not as young as I like to think... and there is no shame in that! There will be more walking this weekend!


Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue