Skirting the Issue

I put on a skirt this morning. That’s not impressive. I put on a skirt every morning. I don’t generally where pants outdoors. I pulled this skirt out of the dryer. Guess what? It is loose. Real loose. I am happy dancing. You gotta be mindful of the history of the skirt.

This garment began its life as pants about 5 years ago. Back then I was still wearing pants. When I decided to cease my slacks wearing ways and actions, I did not want to incur the expense of having to replace garments that I wore on the regular. It made perfect sense, since I sew, to convert pants to skirts. That’s what I did with the skirt I’m currently wearing. The trick is the skirt will be a pencil skirt if you don’t have material to add. And who does? Also my skirts have to be long. (3/4) So I have these fitted pencil skirts that used to be pants hanging in my closet. They serve the same function that they did when they were pants. Maybe I’ll blog about why I don’t wear pants later.

I said all that to say that I am getting smaller. I am very geeked. But I hadn’t noticed because I am getting smaller in the same dimensions that I have anyway. The scale is not moving, but I feel stronger, probably because of the exercise. I have made a huge sacrifice. I have adjusted my routine a bit. I used to like to do the big workout in the evening and a small one in the am. But I don’t think that is going to work. When I get home, by the time I cook and get myself situated I don’t wanna do nothing. And I ain’t one to force myself when I’m feeling that way. I will do something small and light that fits in to my routine and doesn’t keep me up too long. I like to sleep.

Now I want to twirk some things on my fine self. I want my face to become smaller. I’m rolling close to 40 and my face is starting to develop jowling. That’s not cool. Also, my knees suck. And I don’t understand backfat. I have become obsessed with camouflaging it. And my stomach…. I don’t care how much abdominal work I do, there is a pooch that is sitting there just taunting me. And it has the audacity to extend over my hips. Dirty motherf-er. Those are the things I want gone. But those are the precise things that go and come when they want to. So I’m trying to not care and move on…

Yeah right.


Peace

Comments

Peace,
Sounds like your seeing results, congrats. Cardio work-outs are the key to what your looking to achieve. The face/back/stomach, all with cardio plus a few workouts to focus on the back + stomach. The other unfortunate part about working out/dieting, and seeing results, is pretty soon your going to have to take the workout/diets to new extremes. Your body is to smart to let the same work, over and over help you. You said your "knee's suck". If it's pain, you can try fish oil pills. If it's not serious, as you workout and lose weight or tone up, those pains probably will cease to exist.

The stomach is a real stubborn area, and can take a long time to get in shape, but not impossible. There's 3 main areas (upper/mid/lower) and then the side (oblique muscles). So, the stomach needs extreme workouts, and cardio or you can have nice hard abs but still the pouch.

The back, same thing 3 main focus areas. Your probably more concerned with the middle and how shirts look on your back. The back seems like an easy area to tone up and lose weight.

I like the gym, and pay around $40 a month. Feels like a well spent $40. And most accept insurance. It's nice for those who don't enjoy it because your around those speaking the same language (fitness). So, the gym is easy forming habit. Check this site out, there's lots of workouts on there. I occasionally use a few off there to put in my routine: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm. Most gyms have all the gadgets, pools, sauna, steam rooms..etc. And there's some good products to through in, to help out. Certain foods play a part in weight lose and energy. My big one is Creatine b/c I don't eat beef. I eat fish/chicken and turkey (obviously no pork on my folk), but the creatine is a big energy transformer and miss out on that not eating beef. I'll check back for your response and thoughts.

Peace
DKA
Bootzey said…
I tried a gym before. By the time I get home from work I could only go there at night... when the staff was gone... Need I say more. I got harassed up in there and had to pull my knife on a man. I still keep the same hours. I do do the cardio with the resistence and I have a total gym and some yoga videos. Its working. I'm planning to start riding my bike before February is over. The weather is nice in Atlanta and I can do that. I just don't like to do it. But I'm gonna stay the course and put the work in.

I don't do fish oil. I have never found a capsule that wasn't made of gelatin. And I'm not gonna do it loose. Nope. Uhh uhh. My ole Earth used to force (via head lock) cod liver oil on us twice a week and castor oil once a month. Can't bring myself to swallow that now. But I have found flax oil capsule. My research says it works in the same way.

My knees creek if that makes sense. When I move around they snap crackle and pop. I did notice this morning, that I was jumping around and lunging and they were creeking less. And I couldn't really feel the crunching.

I blame the 30's.

I appreciate you showing the Earth some love. Keep checking on me.


Peace
Greetings SerenityLoveDivineEarth! I used to convert my jeans to skirts too except that I would have the hubby (who's nicer with the sewing machine) stitch the splits for me and I'd crochet the rest.

I know about putting on something and finding it to be too loose. It's great.

Sis. I do workout videos in my house--can't find the time to do the gym with 2 small babies and no babsyitter. I've been borrowing them from the library to see which ones I like and that suits me before I purchase. There was one I recently did called Tight on Time Body Blast (you can check http://originalwombman.blogspot.com/2009/02/trying-out-fitness-dvds.html for a full review) but it might work for you. Four quick 10 minute workouts and the cardio is not too high impact (easy on your knees). You could do that once, twice or three times depending on how you feel.

All the best to you on this journey! :)
Bootzey said…
Peace!

I love that your God sews! My Old Dad used to sew and he was nice with it. I never thought to go to the library to audition tapes but I suppose they do have them. Hmmmmm......

Yeah the cardio is bad on my knees and... I am ashamed to admit this... they are hard on .... my.... bunion! Damn these late 30's! So I adjust. Who knew this could happen? SMH.

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"