My name is Serenity.... I came to this couch by myself...

I kind of get now why I put on a few pounds over the holidays.

I work in a healthcare office. Over the holidays all the offices we refer to have been sending up cakes, pralines, cookies and all manner of sweet treats. Not wanting anything to go bad and be discarded, (because I’m all about the team effort) every morning I would come in and have something with my coffee. Then after lunch, I need just a little nosh of something sweet. Dang. Been doing that since Thanksgiving. And it got me. It really hit home when I got here this morning the 1st morning after the holiday and I realized that I was fiending for something sweet and why. I purchased a banana and an apple from a street vendor this morning at 5-points. How smart was that? Trust that I will be wiping the hell off the apple skin.

Also this morning, being the 1st morning officially back, found me on mass transit. That is my usual mode of transportation, but I haven’t been riding at all since I have been on vacation. Actually I have moved very little during the holidays. Walking up the stairs that I normally sprint up (in heels at that!) bears witness to the fact that I have been a couch potato all through the break. It’s all good. Now that I am aware I can do something about it.

This heartburn is nasty and uncomfortable. It is in my throat, chest and stomach. I’m assuming that since it showed up with the diet, my food choices have something to do with it. I’m going to experiment a bit. I remember having heartburn so bad the last time I was in WW, that I went to the physician because I was worried that I was checking out! . Yes, I’m a drama queen. This feels similar. There must be a link of some kind. Anyway…. Not planning to excessively exercise until I can figure stuff out.

Y’all know I’m only blogging excessively like this because it’s new right? Once things get rolling in a predictable pattern I won’t be so obsessive regarding my eating habits. And this section of my blog is not just for dietary stuff, but for all physical type issues; hence the within/without.


Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue