Who is Scared of Plyometrics? Not Me!


Peace!

Day Damnit 16!!!!

And I feel GOOD!!!!

And it was Plyometric day too! (So glad I didn’t take the pussy route and do cardio instead, feels like a real accomplishment) Let me tell you why I’m not dead, since every other time I’ve done Plyometrics I wanted to just collapse in a little ball. I changed my shoes, wore a better bra and I remember how to do all the moves.

I have been dreading plyometrics since the last time I did it. I hate it. And it hates me right back. All that jumping is not good for the girls. Plus I realize that my old out of shape ass can’t jump anymore. When was the last time I jumped? Like college? Who frigging knows! But jumping around is not something a normal adult female does on the regular. I’m not saying I got completely airborne; but I did more of the modified jumping than I ever have. So I’m developing a tolerance. Yay.

I decided to use regular sneakers versus the 5 finger toe shoes. There is more to the shoe. More shock absorption so landing didn’t kill my knees. The right tool for the job. And I put on a tight bra. I wasn’t able to do jumping jacks without holding the girls down with both hands (think of Janet Jackson’s old album cover). I have a minimizer that fits that I don’t wear. The reason I don’t wear it is because the strap cuts into my shoulder and feels like a knife. I’m thinking…. If I remove the straps and replace it with something fluffy I might be able to use it when I work out… Hmmmm…. I have a sew-cation coming up starting 1 pm today. Maybe wabbit, maybe…..

Also, this is my 3rd time attempting this. I know what’s coming. Just like with yesterday’s workout, I could move at my own pace especially since I had worked out all the modifications. I suppose this is part of the muscle confusion business. This is my last week before recovery week. Recovery week is all stretch and cardio and no weights.

I wish I had scheduled recovery week for my T.O.M. which is prowling about to pounce on me. I’m thinking it might be different this month since I changed my diet and am exercising. I made those changes right as the last one was ending. Sometimes it gives me a reprieve as a bonus for doing right. Meaning it comes late, or lite, or not at all. Oh well. It could come on like Niagara Falls. I have no control.

Anywho… I’m gone the rest of the week. I’ll hit you back on Monday (rest day) and let you know all the gory details if there are any.



Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue