I Don't Like....

I have been through the 1st phase week and I have a sense of what I like and don’t like. I don’t like Plyometrics. And I kind of don’t like the yoga. Both leave me very drained, but that’s not why I dislike them.

The plyometrics is an intense cardio workout. I’m okay with that. And it focuses a lot on sports moves. Not being much of an athlete, I recognize that my body needs to learn said moves. But all that jumping is not good for me and my Cooper’s ligaments. I didn’t like this workout last week and I didn’t care for it today. I can’t do all that jumping. It’s killing my boobs. And making me very winded to the point of near syncope. Even modified moves are a bit too much. Today, while jumping, I landed on my knee funny. Now it’s sore while I’m typing this. And I’m sitting down. That can’t be good. Also, I have been doing pylo in my 5 finger toe shoes. Maybe I should use thicker soled sneakers. So next week I will try to find a bra to fit and thicker shoes.

One of the biggest surprises is how much I don’t care for the yoga. Yoga. I do yoga. This P90x is not real yoga. It is fitness yoga and not the meditative yoga I’m used to. A person could get hurt approaching this like the good stuff. Now I know and knowing is half the battle. Another thing is the yoga segment is 90 minutes long! Really? I’m not a housewife. I’m a woman with a job, family and responsibilities. That extra 30 minutes is a lot.

I like the other stuff, especially the kenpo. That joint is fun and useful. I feel strong and energized afterward. Now I just feel tired. Maybe I should do these workouts after work, that way I can fall into a comma like sleep afterward. Mmmmm…. Maybe.

I am maintaining the high raw diet. I can’t go 100% because I have to cook for the God. Last night I made Buffalo tofu and cheddar and garlic mashed potatoes. I must taste this food before I put it in front of him. How will I know how it tastes if I don’t taste it? Also I made ketchup (that’s in a different blog). I didn’t like any of the recipes I found for it. I was looking for something more natural with less sugar. Please do the knowledge to how much sugar is in ketchup. And I merged several recipes together until I got something that tasted reasonably good. But there was a lot of back and forth tasting of a cooking sauce.

So where as I strive for 100% I fall short. And I know it. If you look back to May of 2010 in this blog, you will see the journey I took. And I must have looked good at the end of the 31 days because EVERYONE made a comment regarding how svelte I was. I wish to surpass that and look like I did my freshman year of college. Silly, possibly unreasonable goal (after all I was 18 that year) but it is my goal nonetheless.



Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue