Week 1 with P90x + Raw Foods

Good Morning People!

This is my update about the programs I am working. Remember? I somehow, without my noticing, became a fat morbidly obese slob? I have been relatively raw for the last 2 weeks and working out using the P90x Classic plan.

Let me start off by saying that P90x is an advanced workout. Yeah, I know they say this all over the infomercial and on the website (I watched it again this morning), but I didn’t believe them. Also, P90x takes an investment of time. There isn’t a workout that is less than an hour. Some about an hour and a half. So you need to have time to perform them. It’s a 90 day plan and the sequence changes every 4 weeks or so with a week of recovery every 4th week. The only odd bit of equipment needed is a chin up bar. But for some strange coincidence, I have one. Go figure. Essentially the program alternates between weights and cardio. The cardio is called “Plyometrics,” “Kenpo” and the weights have a bit of cardio in them. There is also a long Yoga component.

At the end of the 1st week, I must say, I’m sore. But I feel myself coming out of it. I have been on exercise regimes before and I recognize that there will be some soreness initially. But Since I REALLY need to see something happen, I’m not going to complain…. much. I really am convinced that I can and will complete the 90 day program. There is a lot of support at their website and the program came along with a excel fitness tracker. See? There are a lot of good things to say about this plan. I am really pleased thus far; although I’ll be more confident come 30 days into things. And have you seen the claims on the befores and afters? I have got to give myself the best shot on becoming an after.

I maintained my ‘rawness’ for the most parts of the week. My Wisdom anniversary with the God was this past Friday. We went out to dinner. I know I could have chosen a salad at a restaurant, but that isn’t much of a celebration now is it? I could have stayed at home for a salad. We went to a vegetarian Chinese restaurant. It was delicious. The restaurant didn’t have any raw choices. There is a 100% raw restaurant in the area, but that wouldn’t have been fair to Precise since he isn’t raw and doesn’t wish to be. Saturday morning there were pancakes. I ate only 2 small ones and was back on the raw bandwagon. I don’t think I did too much of a bad thing. B.U.T…… there were repercussions….

I have been having these full … ahem… movements since I adjusted my diet. And now… not so much. Figuratively and literally. I can’t believe that those 2 meals hemmed me up like that. I’m just starting to go back to moving again. And you know that internal movement I built about a few days ago, that went away too. Yeah I know… freaky.

Because of the not going to the bathroom thing, I didn’t weigh myself this morning. Everything I ate yesterday is still in there (probably from Friday evening too) and I don’t want anything preventing me from seeing weight loss. What is a little frightening is all the weight stuff I have been doing. I know from experience that starting an exercise regime can make you gain weight initially. With the muscle growth. It gets worse before it gets better.

I put on a skirt right out of the dryer and it feels loose! Bully for me! So that is the best thing I can report. But my gut and boobs are getting soooooooooo big. Seriously, I had a bra to burst on me while I performed a workout. I look bloated. My feet got bigger too. Now before you suspect what I know you are suspecting. It’s not true. Yes Precise and I have been trying to conceive, but several pregnancy tests and regular monthly cycles let me know that I have not been successful in my determined idea. I would welcome any ideas on what’s going on with me.

One thing that is really bothering me is how quickly one can move from fit to unfit. Last May’s challenge got me fit. And I really felt good and strong then. I was walking 2 miles a day, doing yoga several times a week for half hour sessions, and lifting some light weights. I lost weight and felt wonderful. All that weight has been found and then some. Also, I feel stiff all throughout my body. Especially my right side. I couldn’t do a lot of the P90x yoga workout. Shocking! I was able to do most of the poses just last May. It’s like I went from fit to slug in 6 seconds. And it’s very disturbing. This just lets me know that I have to develop some workout habits and stick with them for the rest of my life.



Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue