Mean Mugging on Vacation

Peace

Today is my P90x rest day. And I am loving it…. A lot! I know I could do the stretching video but I don’t want to. And I don’t have to!!!!!! Also I find it wonderful that to day is Valentines Day as well. Not that I celebrate it, but I do plan to eat all candies given to me with no guilt.

14 days into P90x and 21 into raw foods (with some cheating) I feel great. The scale only gave up 1 lb, but my clothes have some ease fresh out of the dryer. I’ll take it.

What is the difference between last summer and now? I’m guessing 1 of 2 possible things…. Either water intake or cardio. I drank a ridiculous amount of water last May. I was shooting for 100 oz/day. I admit that was a lot. And it made me pretty uncomfortable. Also I was walking at least 1.5 miles/day. I kept up with the walking and didn’t see continued changes. But I dropped the water as soon as June 1st rolled around. I’m thinking I will up my water intake this week and see if that affects the progress on the scale. I hate that stuff.

The build for today is more directed at my approach rather than the results. In my fitness Koran, I have exercised mostly solo, using tapes, videos, TV or my own thing. That’s normally where I have success. I have gone to gyms and taken classes too, but I never have a good result with them.

The last class I took was a belly dancing class. The class cost $80 up front for 8 classes. $10/class is not bad. And having been an instructor in the past I have respect for teachers and I respect the rules of the class. I was there every time the class was given. I wore the clothes I was supposed to wear. I did the homework. This is the most important to me…. I paid up front… in cash! But I didn’t learn anything really. I was bad at belly dancing and the teacher never came over to help. She helped other people and when I asked for some additional help, I got the deer in the headlights look form the poor white lady. At the end of the class when everyone was talking about their experiences, I started speaking about how I just didn’t get it and I probably would not be taking the class anymore. The instructor, I suppose, felt comfortable and dropped her cee. She said that she could see me struggling but she was scared to come over and help because I frightened here. WTF?

Ordinarily I would assume that the instructor was a racist. But there were 6 other Black girls in a class of 12 women. She just didn’t like me. Okay. Since she was being open, I decided to be as well. I informed her that I too was an instructor of adults. And I instructed all of them the same. I met them where they were regardless of how they felt about the class, looked, or attitude. I told her she need not take people’s money who she didn’t intend to instruct. She got afraid and left. So did all the other white people. The Black girls stayed and tried to console me. Suggested other classes with different instructors and such.

I took a class in Aikido. Was in the class for about 3 months and I know very little Aikido if any at all. I had the hardest time getting people to practice with me. The only time I got decent instruction is when I went off hours and practiced with who ever was teaching at the time. Like a one-to-one thing. That made me soooooo uncomfortable. The instructors we all men and I didn’t like being alone with them. They were making suggestive comments regarding my anatomy. This little white girl student said I frightened her and she didn’t want to practice with me. I asked her what I had done to her. She said my facial expressions were too intense. Really? I have never heard of anyone getting their ass kicked by a facial expression. Also she didn’t trust the fact that I was quiet. I asked her who I was supposed to talk to, since no one was talking to me. I left that class when my semester was over after some big white dude dropped me on my head/shoulder dislocating it, just to see if he could. His punishment was to clean the dojo. Since I didn’t think that was harsh enough, I waited for him in my car … That’s all I’m going to say about what I did next.

I had a membership at Gold’s gym. I was supposed to get a session with a trainer 1/month. It didn’t really go down like that. The women were afraid of me and the men were trying to get next to me. No one was trying to train me. And again I was paid up.

So I prefer to go it alone. I suppose I’m evil looking. I KNOW I am no “smiler.” That’s not an excuse for people NOT to do jobs that they are being compensated for. I’m not changing my countenance. I’m too old to want to. There is something to be said about people who cannot get past a person’s outward appearance. Something bad.

Bring on the DVDs!



Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue