What I Ate Monday!

Peace!

I guess I'm getting my blog on..... I always get chatty this time of year because my fast is approaching. And i always have the same goals... (1) fast for 3 weeks which I always mange to do. (2) flush. I manage to do this even though it's unpleasant. And (3) Emerge raw, which I manage to do for about a week. Well the goals haven't changed. Well maybe a little. I plan to do more flushes and I am only shooting for high raw.

I plan on starting my fast next week on Monday 2/24. i don't like finishing exactly on the Asiatic New Year because I won't be able to enjoy it with food. So if I start a bit early i can finish it off properly. And not get sick like I have been known to do in the past. But that is completely not the topic of this Build....

Meatless Mondays! this is a new trend amongst meat eaters to try to eat vegetarian 1 day out of the week. Well I am ALREADY a vegetarian and all my days are meatless. But as a firm believer in energies, I want to share the weekly trend. So... I do Raw Food Monday's. I eat the entire day raw.... It serves 2 purposes... (1) I can be part of the trend and (2) I can get in practice of raw food preparation.

So let me show you what I ate ...


This is my breakfast smoothie. It has frozen pineapple, coconut milk, a cup of spinach and rejuvelac. For some reason, I cannot eat fresh pineapple. I can eat it if it has been frozen 1st. Go figure. Non-smoothie drinking folks look at green smoothies like something is wrong with them. It's just green. And the spinach doesn't have a taste in the smoothie no matter how much I put in there. This is why I ALWAYS add spinach to my morning smoothies. Also, I am chronically anemic and have been since my teen years. I am always doing things to get more iron
in my system. There is VC in the pineapples and that makes more of the iron available. The coconut milk makes it taste like a pina colada and gives me some fat/oil. Plus coconut milk is really good for you.

Now the rejuvelac... it's a fermented probiotic. I take probiotics because I question my intestinal flora. I keep stomach aches and always have. I don't have a problem with gas coming out of me, but I do bloat and am often queasy. My father had the same issues. My brother had weight loss surgery and the doctors told him that his stomach had either a virus/bacteria/fungus/something in it that needed to be treated/killed. There had to readmit him and give him IV treatments. He used to have the same symptoms as me and Daddy, but now he doesn't. I can't be sure if it is because of the surgery or the antibiotics. I just know I don't trust my stomach. Also chronic anemia can result from having the same intestinal flora or lacking in flora. Either way... I ingest my homemade blend of probiotics. And I have less bloating.

Yeah... More thought goes into my morning smoothies than you realized, Huh?


My lunch was broccoli-raisin salad. That's one of my faves. Cruciferous vegetables are also good for decreasing fibroids... I like broccoli and I like raisins. Raisins have iron in them too.

Seriously, I feel like these fibroids are related to my body's inability to take up and process iron. Those 2 things MUST be related. All the people I know with fibroids are anemic and the the people who aren't anemic don't have fibroids. But doctors just want to cut and paste you. Well.... NO! I'm a doctor.. a dentist is still a doctor... And I don't think that's cool. Another thing is, I don't trust men to figure this out for me. See why more women need to go into the sciences?


My snacks consisted of a banana, cashews and craisins. And for dinner I had Falafel salad. Lettuce, cucumbers, falafel and my tahini goddess dressing. It was DELICIOUS! http://www.rawmazing.com/falafels-the-raw-food-way/ is the recipe for the falafels... That recipe made about 15 balls of falafel. They were very tasty. I'm looking forward to finishing them off. I insisted on a recipe with sprouted chickpeas in it. Eating like this doesn't give me much protein or oil. Since I am really pushing my workouts, I want to make sure I'm supported. And I bare witness lack of protein makes you stupid.

Another thing about this way of eating is it clears the system quickly. That's good because you don't want food just hanging around like that and spoiling in your gut (especially if you don't have the intestinal flora for it) and it's bad because you get hungry... real hunger... way quicker than you're used to. I was hungry all day. I ate the snacks back to back. And that is always my experience with raw foods eating. Hunger... every couple of hours. I have to carry food with me. Makes you wonder what they put in processed foods that fills you up like that? But is it really filling you up or is it screwing with your metabolism??? A Slow metabolism will have a person not be hungry. Is that sentence grammatically correct? Y'all feel me though?

This week is really gonna be about finishing off the rest of the food I have in the fridge. It will be 3 weeks before I get back on solid foods. There is more about the fast coming. I want to do a series of flushes and then the sun eating... But we'll Build on that later.


Peace!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue