I'm Lazy

Peace.


I’m lazy. And I’m ok with that…..

I am of the opinion that folks do too much. I used to work with this woman who was from Turkey. She could not understand why I was working 2 jobs when I was married and my husband worked. I explained that I wanted the money. We worked the same position and started at the same time. Our salaries were the same so she knew how much I made. She then asked me when is enough, enough?

That got me thinking… and I have kept thinking to this day. Yacub’s world manifest teaches that we should always work and work to have more and more. Our closets are full as are our pantries. We have no time for anything other than the acquisition of wealth. We pass these traits on to our kids who are so over scheduled that we have to schedule play dates for them with other over scheduled children. I say ENOUGH!

After my contract ran out for the job with the Turkish woman, I moved to Atlanta with my late husband. I was starting completely fresh and it gave me an opportunity to slow down. I didn’t know anyone in Atlanta and didn’t have the concern that someone would call me lazy. My husband grew up in a household where his father was the breadwinner and his mother was home all the time. He never expected me to NOT work, but Atlanta had other plans for me. It took me FOREVER to find a job and even when I found one it was only part time. In the mean time, I was at home doing the housewife thing. And my Hubby was a happy man. We got along great. Because there was never any question about who was going to take care of what. He earned the money, I cared for the house. We never bickered about who was going to clean up or cook. I was never too tired to meet his needs. He understand he had to pay for my needs that included hair, nail and spa visits. We took vacations, and spent some quality time together that we never had when I was so over scheduled. I t was a good time and has changed me forever.

You know who was mad? Other people. They tried to make me feel bad and when that was unsuccessful, they went after hubby. Whispering in his ear that I needed to be working full time. Oh how we could have so much more if I would just work more. Have him question me about what I did all day while he worked. Folks can be super shady. And not none of this was anyone else’s business. Even my own mother called me names. She’d remind me how hard she had worked and that I was doing her name a disservice by allowing my husband to indulge me. WTF??? My mother & father-in-law were the only people that encouraged us to have our marriage our own way. They told us folks treated them the same way.

My coworker is money hungry. A patient came in the office with a large golden eagle on a golden chain and all she talk about is how much money he could get if he sold/pawned it. She has been after me to sell my wedding set from my late husband and previous engagements. Why??? If I sold anything she wouldn’t get any money from the transaction. Is it that she doesn’t want me to have nice things? Possibly. But what I see in her life is she is on a constant hunt for money. She is always looking for another job opportunity. Avon, Mary Kay, Amway, 31, and all kinds of stuff. You would think since she is super close to 65 she’d be rich by now…. But she isn’t far from it. She bought into the constant grind thing. And has no peace.

I do not have to be busy every single moment of the day. I’m entitled to some down time. And I refuse to be made guilty because an external individual says that I’m lazy or self-indulgent. Yes I work full time now. And I sleep as much as I work. I do facials and get my nails done. These things are important to me. And I don’t’ give 2 fucks about what people around me have to say.

Don’t let folks rush you… Don’t’ let folks define your life for you….

Enjoy your existence.



Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue