Tuesdays....

Peace!


Do you know what follows Raw Food Mondays????? Juice Feast Tuesdays!

I have been fasting for decades. I started in dental school. I got "Born Again" for like the 5th time at that point and decided to fast an pray to pass a test. I also studied but I figured fasting and begging white Jesus to help me out would be just the extra I needed. It worked. So I started making fasting something I did regularly for tests. I noticed that when I fasted, my head cleared and I could remember better. It worked so well I made it something I did every week.

As I got more "conscious" I did the knowledge to fasting a realized that the effects I was receiving wasn't because of Jesus, but because the body needs a break every now and then. When i began studying Ayurveda, my dosha declares that I should fast regularly. As I am one who wants to be in tune with nature I decided to fast on Tuesdays; because I was born on a Tuesday. So every Tuesday, I come full Cipher. The only time I don't fast on Tuesdays is during my period. My body is going through a lot at that point and I just really need to support her.

When I fast, I just do it for 24 hours. That's more than enough. So if I finish my last meal at 8pm on Monday, I won't eat solid food until 8:01 pm on Tuesday. Sometimes I go longer, but I don't see the need to.

So here are the beverages....

My morning smoothie. This is how I do mornings. With a green smoothie. It gets like 4 servings of vegetables in 1 cup. And I leisurely consume it on my way to work. This one is celery juice, spinach, rejuvelac, pineapples and strawberries. The fruit was frozen. Frozen fruit and ice gives a smoothie body, if you need that.


My lunch smoothie was all sweet. It had apples, carrots, a piece of beet, some ginger and a splash of lemon juice. I takes a lot of fruit to make a pint of juice. I drink it slowly over the course of a few hours. Sometimes I dilute with water. The apples are very juicy so the supply the bulk of the fluid. Carrots have a lot of sweetness to them in juice. The beet gives me a boost of iron. The ginger works on my tummy that is always in a state of hurting or about to hurt. And the lemon brightens/intensifies the flavor, releases more iron from the beet and keeps the juice from oxidizing. because it is so packed with natural sugar it will give you a jolt of energy. But a good jolt. Not the kind that drops you flat on your ass in a few hours.


My evening smoothie. It has banana, protein powder, chocolate peanut butter, ice and instant coffee. I should have had this in the morning. The coffee kept me from sleeping well. And I would have liked the protein on board all throughout my day. When I fast long term, I'll have this as my am smoothie and have the green at night. It packs 30 grams of protein!

When I fast I try to do a lot of things for moral support. I guess there still some Bible in me, because I put on clothes that make me feel pretty. I strive to keep warm as fasting will lower the body's temperature. I try to be really good to myself and keep negative thoughts at bay. I don't go all ham with exercise, but I will meditate and do yoga.

I feel good this morning. I did notice some smutz in my mouth. I had to do some tongue scraping. I wasn't dizzy or queasy or anything. I hope when I go to fasting next week all is well. Last year I vomited and migrained on day 1.


Peace





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue