Day 7

I have been fasting a week today and it’s progressing just as expected. I have noticed that this fast is a little more high post than my previous fasts. Not really knowing why. I’m putting it on the fact that as I age my tastes become more refined. Oh well.

The clarity is good too. I have come to many realizations. None more important than the fact that I tend to expect bad things to happen. People have told me for years that I’m negative, and I never understood why. When I do have good expectant thoughts, I mentally suppress them. So I have given myself permission to be happy. And guess what. I am. Wow. Who knew?

I have been losing weight. That is a given when you choose not to eat. But the weight is all over. This is the frustrating part. Where as my clothes are getting looser and looser, my body looks the same. I’m losing weight in proportion with my ordinary shape. I had a friend who went on a diet and lost a lot of weight. She was shaped like an egg. But as she lost weight, she continued to be shaped like an egg. So she went from jumbo to extra-large, to large, to medium. Now you could see that she felt wonderful. But people outside her cipher couldn’t understand why she felt this way because she was still egg shaped. This is what has me uber-frustrated. My body is getting smaller, but not the way I want it to.

I have begun an exercise routine. I joined a belly dancing class and resumed my yoga. I am going back to my park walking (since the weather is allegedly breaking) and will add an extra television workout. That is 4 days of exercise in addition to all the walking I normally do at work. If that’s not enough then it won’t be. A client just told me about a health center that is in my neighborhood. Says it has a pool! And that it’s cheap and really close to where I live. Guess what? I’m going to check it out! It is at a church, though. But I suppose that won’t affect me unless a requirement for joining is a belief in Christ as my personal savior and membership in that or any church. We shall see won’t we?

Ai-ight. Later!


Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue