Day 12

I feel like shit!

I have been progressively getting sicker over the last few days. I initially chalked it up to detox. But detox this late in the game is not good. It has been nice here the last few days. I didn’t take it upon myself to go all buck-wild as show my behind and toes. I just think I have a cold or flu. I work in a doctor’s office and folks have been slugging in here sick. Now I go to work when I’m sick. I have to. I don’t have the luxury of being sick or taking time off at my job unless it is a pure emergency. But I don’t be all up in people’s faces trying to make them sick either. Folks have been sick here and on the bus. I suppose even with my healthy lifestyle, the Russian roulette bullet was bound to hit me in the skull.

My nose is runny, I can barely speak, my throat is gravelly and I can feel it every time I take a breath, my cheeks and tongue are swollen, and I hurt…. All over. My dang ear is killing me. It’s the body pain that makes me suspect cold/flu vs. pollen. I just wanna sleep, but can’t because it bothers me to lie down. I hope this isn’t pre-pneumonia. I’ve had that before and this seems similar in a lot of aspects. My belly-dancing instructor had pneumonia last week and still taught the class. I don’t do meds a lot, but in a minute, I’m going upstairs to the pharmacy for something. A good thing is my eczema is drying up.

I also have been losing a lot of weight. My clothes are falling off. It’s good and I’m not complaining. I have to figure out a way to not gain back that weight when my fast is over. I have been taking my temperature since the beginning and I have noticed that I am not 98.7. More 97.9. It’s nothing to be worried about, but it does speak to the fact that my metabolism is low. I have begun and I’m going to really keep up my exercise routine to get my blood flowing and my metabolism up.

I only have 9 more days to go. I don’t see me breaking this fast for any reason. Even with this cold/flu, that’s just even more of a reason to keep at my grind. If I wasn’t fasting and came down with a cold/flu I would fast. Maybe I’m pregnant. Who knows….


Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue