Tastebuds

Peace!


Its been difficult to be 100% raw everyday. When I do... I let the world know via social media. But my current regimen of “High raw” doesn't bother me. I don't feel like I'm failing. I wanted to feel more vibrant... I want to be more bohemian.... I want to set my vibrational frequency higher that it has been and I feel I am successful on all fronts. So I'm not 100% raw all the time. I am at least 85% raw and that is a good thing.

I have a man who is not willing to eat as I do... and whatever feelings I have about that... I must cook for him as that is part of our relationship agreement. Maybe that is what I am destined for... My 1st husband didn't become a vegetarian with me. I do think he might still be alive if he had. So I am used to cooking different meals to accommodate different people. And I'm not bitter... much. It would be easier for me if there were no distractions... like chips and cooked foods I love, but it is what it is.

I have noticed that my appetite has not returned since my fast. Meaning I am satisfied with less food than I was prior to my fast. And my sweet tooth took a hit. I look at sweet food and I'm like “Ick!!!!” That is so not me. I live for sweets. But right now my body wants more savory foods and that's what I'm giving it.

Even tough I plan for meals... my body wants salads and snacks. So that is what has been in the DH: snacks. I made Kale chips, cucumber chips, noritos, and cauliflower popcorn. I also got some raw granola from the health food co-op. Its not actually savory, but it's not super sweet either. It is crunchy, so there's that.

Even though I'm eating solid food again, I don't seem to be gaining my weight back quickly. I have been drinking the water and getting inconsistent workouts in. maybe that's helping. But the big take away is my tastebuds. This may sound super crazy... But I can taste food better than I was before. If the God is eating chips and I taste one.... The flavor is disgusting to me now. And these are chips that prior I could eat a bag at a sitting. I can taste the oil and harsh seasonings... Crazy! When I became a vegetarian back n the dark ages.... The only guide I had was Dr Weil books. He said as the palate cleared, I'd be able to taste my food better. And I've been waiting 15+ years for that to happen and it finally did. I don't know what it's going to mean for me going forward. I mean is this a temporary thing? Will I taste food forever? Sounds crazy. But I am geeked at this new development.


Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue