Jaw-Jacking Ninjas.....

Peace.


This is another rant. You've been warned.

I do a lot to insure that I remain healthy. I fast, I'm a vegetarian, I quit smoking, I don't drink much, I workout... and I don't ever want to... I get loads of sleep. I drink water that I hate. I do a lot to make me the best that I can be. I suppose I am inspired by my mother. Mommie has everything. All the sicknesses. He pill pack looks like skittles. You name it, she's got it. And I don't want any of it. But what gets my goat is when folks assign me failure because I'm not thin. When did being thin be the end all to be all? Guess what; I'm in my mid 40's and I don't have any chronic illnesses. I don't have to take any medications. I'm good. But that's not enough if I'm not thin.

Yesterday, a friend came to the office and she knew that I have been fasting on liquids. She comes in and demands to know... “How much weight have you lost.” And she isn't thin. Well... I didn't get on the scale before I started my fast so I don't know. I started talking about how great I feel, and how my skin looks extra amazing, how my sleep has improved, etc. All that means nothing if I haven't lost weight. So I tell her, there is no way to tell. I didn't weigh prior to the onset. And do you know she got slightly hostile with me??? Like my weight affects her life in some way.

Why do people do this???? My God is 6'4” tall, thin as a rail and eats like a Viking... And I have to trick him into vegetables... and does NO exercise. He just has a super fast metabolism. But folks assume that he is all athletic and eats like a bird. They assume that he does everything right and that I'm at home just laying around like a slug eating bonbons and ice cream while he is out there jogging the pavement. I could out run him for longer runs.... his legs are twice the length of my legs. But when we both correct them (and by both, it is him with me looking at him. For some people will only believe something if a man says it) they walk off like we are lying to them.

See here is my issue. I don't care what people think of me. I have no control over that. The reality is that's not my business. But... folks need to be mindful that they DO have control over what comes out of their mouth. You don't have to say everything you think. If you think that I should be thin... and you're not my physician... you really need to keep that to yourself and don't make assumptions. This old lady (she's dead now) used to say to me all the time, “Many see, but few don't know.” And that is still very accurate.

And people are good for not speaking useful information vs. the the useless. For example if you know I'm looking for something... a post office box, a blouse, car insurance, a gun, etc. and you have information that might aid me yet don't speak on it..... why the fuck are you going to speak on some shit that falls along the more offensive vein? That makes no damn sense. You'll pass on useless but bypass useful. I can't with people like that.

So for all you jaw-jacking looker-onners... Just mind your fucking business until you have all the information and even then think about what you say before you speak. Like my mother advised... Is it nice? Is it necessary? No? Then STFU! The world would be a much better place.


Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue