1st BtC Build

Peace.

My 1st installment of being the change. I think I'm going to call it “BtC.” I dutifully took pics of the pertinent food type activity lately. I had been mulling over the BtC initiative.

I MUST have a plan for this raw thing. I suggest you have one too. Because once you decide what you want to eat, you have to plan prep. It's not like cooking where you can cook everything for the week on Sunday. Food might take days to prepare. So here is what my plan looks like....


I have what I want to eat for the entire month written out on this calendar. It's not fancy. It's actually a calender that the boss hands out at the beginning of the year. I photocopy the month and fill in the food. Then I go back and check the recipes to see when I need to start prepping and write it down on the calendar. I plan the recipes for the month, but not the prep. I do a week at a time for prep since that's how I shop. Today is Wednesday so I will plan out my food for next week today and create my shopping list which is that envelope next to the calendar. I don't know why I keep lists on an envelope but I do. It's actually my preferred list paper. If I buy envelopes, that's what they are for. Rarely do I use them to mail letters.

Starting with March 9th, I made a tabbouleh salad to eat at work for lunch


I made my 1st booboo in forgetting to soak and sprout the quinoa. I started sprouting on Saturday. I should have started on Thursday. See why scheduling your food is so important? My salad wasn't ready until this morning. Luckily I had leftovers. The Whole Foods salad and a stray salad at work filled in those gaps.


Monday I made chili cheese fries from jicama.


They looked appetizing, but they were disgusting. I looked at a bunch of recipes online and used one that called for paprika and no chili powder. Why? Because I didn't think about it. Chili powder would have imparted a more chili taste. Paprika is a pepper, but not a spicy one. Even so, the texture bothered me. They were crunchy and damp. I doubt, I'll make these again. But if YOU want to try these.... you cut the jicama into fry shapes... it's a turnip of sorts... marinate them in the seasoning blend. Then you put them in the DH for a few hours and viola.... The recipe says you only need to for a few hours, but I had mine in from 7am-6pm. I put them in before work and ate them when I got home.

I have a timer for my DH, But I wasn't going to use it. The food would be raw and waiting for the DH to click on. I feel some kind of way about leaving raw produce, out like that for hours. I can't go home for lunch and make it back to work on time. If my dinner needs to be dehydrated, chances are it's going in the DH before work to be eaten when I get home.

Yesterday was great day.... I ate 100% raw food. Though I had hot beverages... beverages aren't food. I drank all the water I'm supposed to drink. I worked out 3 different times (walk, run, yoga). And my Vitamix came in the mail!!!!! Best raw day ever!!!


I had cucumber-apple-lemon juice in the morning (I can't eat solid food before 10am. It is what it is and I'm going with it), a street salad (remember the quinoa wasn't ready), kale chips as a snack and mushrooms stuffed with pesto. These are my favorite.



Look at my kale chips.....


Torn kale covered with goddess dressing and dehydrated. I take the pines off because they won't fully dry and interrupt the chip-crunch. They are so delicious.... That's not just me talking. I took them to work to snack on, and everyone wanted to try them and eat them up. I had to put my foot down. They can go to the store and eat regular snacks. My snacks need to be raw. Snack produce is not easy to find and I'm not paying $2 for a street apple.

I had a bit of an adverse reaction when eating my dinner. I wasn't expecting it this soon. I guess since I was fasting previously... When I eat all raw, I get this weird feeling in my stomach. Feels like fluttering. It makes me a little queasy. It's currently shark week for me, so I know I'm not pregnant. This always happens when I eat raw after a while. I don't know what it is. Nor do I know if I should be concerned. Since I cannot put it into words, I'm not going to the doctor. I dislike explaining to physicians how I live. Their advice is seldom useful for me and often harmful. It only happens when I eat and at no other time. I was good yesterday until dinner. There are only 8 button mushrooms on that plate yet the fluttering/queasiness made me stop and start until I got them down. when eating this healthfully, I don't want to under eat.

So there is my first BtC post.


Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue