I Give In....

Peace.

I don't take vitamins. I try to eat well and exercise. Breathe fresh air, think good thoughts. Meditate, learn new things, etc. And I assumed that would lead me down the path of vibrant health. So far it has. I feel really good and and still meeting my goal of not needing meds chronically. But I get older everyday. I am constantly battling deficiencies. Every time I get one under control another one pops up. It's like a part time job!

I have been hesitant in taking vitamins because I don't 100% agree with the usage. Example... You get Vitamin C from oranges, but you also get fiber, water and other natural and necessary things along with vitamin C. With a supplement you get chalk and foolishness. Well... I'm going to start taking the chalk and foolishness.

We live in a polluted world. The people most affected are the clean ones. Think about it... If two people lose at tug-of-war and fall in the mud, one has a white shirt on and the other has a brown shirt; who looks dirtier? The white shirted one. They are both equally dirty but one appears more so than the other. I'm changing into the brown shirt.

It's very hard to keep up with my dietary needs. As I'm aging, I develop more and more food allergies and dyscrasias. Food has turned on me. Cheese gives me loose booty, messes with my skin, and bloats me. Milk does the same. Spicy foods give me heartburn. OTC meds make me dizzy. I'm not getting enough B-complex and iron. I'm feeling depressed. Tofu is causing my fibroids to grow. And so on. It's just so damn much. I'm a take some easy for awhile.

Like all my challenges, I try it for 30 days. If it works I keep it. If it doesn't I discard it. I was taking liquid pregnancy vitamins when I did take them. Been doing that forever. But... I'm not feeling it anymore. Pregnant women tend to be young and have different needs than my old ass. I'm not taking the old lady Geritol vitamins yet, but I am going to take the grown woman ones.

Don't think that vitamin taking means I will slack on my clean eating. Nope. But it will be an adjunct. And maybe, just maybe... I can have a deficiency free month.

Fingers crossed!




Peace


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue