Peace.

Yesterday (6/5/13) was National Running Day. And even though it was hot as hell I was planning to log a few miles in after work. But by the time I got home it was raining. Now I know you cannot spell TRAIN without RAIN but it was that real deal tree knocking over, electricity losing type of torrential downpour. So..... I ain't go out. I don't have a treadmill. Mark 1 to the game.

So.... I decided to review my new kicks. My Adidas Liquids. I got them at Burlington. I gave the Saucony's to my mother. they were too big, too, thick , too heavy, too everything. She claims to like them, but I know she is only saying that because I gave them to her. I needed a new running shoe and I didn't go to Burlington with the purpose of buying shoes but I saw them, they fit, felt good and were $40 so I got them.




These are my 1st pair of Adidas. When I was a teenager I had a little stupid job. But it was enough job that I was able to save up enough money over the summer to purchase a pair of shell toe Adidas just like the kind Run DMC sang about. Mommie thought I was crazy to want such an expensive shoe, but said it was my money to spend the way I wanted. They were going to be boys Adidas because they didn't make the shell toe for girls. When I got to the store with my hard earned money in my EA bag (yes it was the 80's), I tried on the shoes and they flopped out. I'm really flat footed. Shell toe Adidas have no support even with support arches didn't fix the problem of the gapping. Plus those boys shoes looked like boats on my 4'9" (5'4" now) high school self with size 10 feet. The salesperson wanted a commission on these sneakers, but even he admitted they looked a mess. He introduced me to what would become my new sneaker obsession for decades to come.....Nikes. I got a pair of girls Nikes that were white with the emblem in holes on the sides, bought fat laces in every color they had and never looked back.

I have managed to put about 20 miles on my new kicks and they have been very comfortable. They have a nice wide meshy toe box. My pinky toes will be very happy. They will bust out of any confining shoes. seriously, I have pinky popped 3 pairs of sandals already this summer. The foam cushioning is nice yet thin enough that I can experience the road. The back of the shoe doesn't irritate my ankles. They don't have a lot of support, so my feet over pronate, but that is really just cosmetic. They are long enough that I didn't have to go up a size. I'm a size 10 in woman's shoes and they don't make a lot of size 10 1/2s. If a shoe doesn't fit, I have to go up to an 11 which is usually too big. I end up in mens shoes which aren't pretty. Folks argue what's the big deal? But IT IS a big deal to me. I'm a girl. I want pretty shoes for my money. I don't want clunky mens shoes. Mens shoes are different. they come up too high on the front of my foot, they rarely come in colors I'm willing to wear (pink) and they are wider than I generally need. Even though I have long feet, they are kind of narrow. Mens shoes just don't do it for me. And if the shoe I want doesn't accomodate my foot, I'll just want another shoe.

So far I like my new kicks.



Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue