Control Freak

Peace.


I really am.

And… oddly enough… I’m proud of it.

Let me explain….

I’m not sure if I have shared this event with you guys before. If I have move to the next paragraph…. It was maybe 6 years ago. I fast every year so it’s hard to tell which year it is. But this was during one of my 3-6 week juice fasts. It was definitely 6 years ago, that’s when my dishwasher got replaced. I remember having to wash everything by hand. I was juicing fresh juice and I was drinking store-bought juice. I left 2 identical glasses with just a smidge each of juice in the sink for about 24 hours. The glass with store-bought juice still had the smidge of juice in it. While the glass with the smidge of fresh juice had mold in it. That was an eye opener for me. I realized that what was in that store-bought juice was in me. And just as the juice was embalmed, now was I. Right then I decided to have more control over what I ingested.

I know y’all have read the articles on the Happy Meal that didn’t decompose after sitting 6 months on a fireplace mantle. The roaches didn’t even touch it. The problem is too many people have convenience expectations that will eventually kill them. Example: Mustard. Store bought mustard has several ingredients in it. Homemade mustard has 2. Store-bought ketchup has a ridiculous amount of sugar in it. Homemade had a fraction. And the cool thing about homemade is I can make it to serve my needs and my taste.

This is the path I’m on now. I have come a long way. I make most of my own condiments, my own faux meats, my own fermented beverages, my own clothes, my own bread. As much as I can, I do my own thing. I just like to know what I put inside of me. If it can be made at home, I make it. Can’t fault me for that.


Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue