Planet Fitness!

Peace!

I have made it to the tail end of this fast! Whoo hoo! I had forgotten how hard it is to fast when there are literally people sitting right next to you eating food you wish you could eat. Yesterday my coworker sat across from me eating all my favorite foods from the farmer's market. He actually thanked me for putting him on! The 7 eats in front of me all the time. I act like it doesn’t bother me. It does. As does cooking for him. But, the Earth has her duties…. This is the home stretch and I’m ready!

My plan is to break my fast with a Mediterranean salad from “Fresh to order”! They have the MOST delicious salads I’ve ever tasted and yes they are a tad expensive, but oh so worth it! And as always after a fast… I plan to go raw. Right now my raw plan is for the month of April. After that, I’ll play it by ear. But for raw April, I want to perfect my raw vegan recipes. That’s my goal with the raw veganism. I’ve already said I don’t think it’s safe to eat all raw vegan all the time for the rest of your life. But it is good for long periods so that the body can really deeply heal itself. So if I can be raw vegan until the autumn equinox I will be so super proud of myself…. And surprised. Also, I plan to be high raw rather than 100%. High is like 75% or better.

I joined Planet Fitness. I’m really proud that I actually did it rather than say I was gonna do it. It has made all the difference in my diet execution. And yes, it’s a diet. I’m using the word. Stop playing all these bald headed mind games like “reducing lifestyle” and “releasing the excess” it’s a fucking diet. I wanna lose weight and I have gone on a diet! Damn…….. But what I noticed is that, for me, exercise makes a difference. There are some people who can lose weight just by changing their eating habits. I’m not one of those people. I can go without eating for days and not lose a significant amount of weight. But adding the food restriction with exercise is making it happen for me. I’ve actually hit my 25 lb loss goal already (yay for getting old!). I know it’s because I’ve made a concerted effort to eat 1400 calories a day (which btw I wasn’t eating normally) and exercising 5 days a week.

I do at least 45 minutes of cardio and then some weight machines. I don’t feel like I’m ready for the side of the gym where the free weights are. It’s very intimidating. But I’ll get there one day. And if what I’m doing yields the results I want, why should I bother with that man side? Right now I’m alternating between arms and legs and doing a little core each time I go. I stopped the weights at the beginning of my fast but I picked them back up this week. It was too much going on at once… I was fasting, and evacuating and still doing the cardio… then my period came… Too damn much. I was really weak.

I’m going to review Planet Fitness…. And of course, no one pays me a damn thing or ever contacts me with free stuff so this is all from my heart. As a gym goes, I like planet fitness. I got the Black card membership because I like the idea of being able to use any gym I wanted wherever I go. And PF is freaking everywhere. So there are no excuses. I like all the perks I get with the Black card membership, like the chairs, the locker rooms are really clean, the enhancements and yes, I’ve even used the tanning bed. So as far as the amenities go, PF rocks!

The cons with PF…. Are equal to the pros. I signed up at a PF near my job. I only did that because I was super busy and didn’t have time to make it to the PF by my house before their special ran out. I knew I was getting the Black card and could go to the one by my house even if I was signed up there…. Ummmm not really. You can only go outside your home gym 10x/month before you have to pay. I’m not paying for that. Also they tell you that you can transfer your membership. They don’t tell you that you have to wait 90 days before you can do that! So… I’m screwed until mother’s day. I confronted the chick who signed me up about not sharing that tidbit with me, especially after I mentioned like 50-11 times that I wasn’t going to use that site much. She said, “No one really asks that question. So I didn’t think to bring it up.” They must get some kind of incentive for the number of members they have.

I don’t like this job PF. I much more prefer home PF…. And that means I have to use PF after work. I work 40 minutes from my home so I’m not going to use PF if I’m not at work. Yes they are open mostly around the clock, but I don’t shower abroad. I have my particular toiletries and they don’t’ travel. That means I don’t have the option of going to PF before work, and I wouldn’t feel safe doing that since it’s so ghetto. So it’s after work at a hood PF. And then 2 visits/week to my beautiful spa-like home PF. Bully for me….

And as far as no judgment goes…. There is plenty of judgment. You can see it in folk’s eyes if you do something they wouldn’t do. Or if they deem you’re taking too long on a machine they want to use. And at that man side with the free weights…..! Yikes! I just turn up my music and put my glasses on my head and ignore it. But I swear it can be like high school with the mean girls snickering. But I had bully tendencies in high school so snickering doesn’t last long. I guess nothing is perfect.

If you want to exercise at an inexpensive gym, PF has everything that you need. I just wanted to tell you what I wasn’t told.


Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue