Ice Cream

Peace,

Damnit I'm done! I didn't enjoy that fast at all. First of all, it wasn't fast. It was slow as hell. And I've been hungry the entire time. I broke my fast with a salad and soup. And I got the "itis". Oh well. I'm good until next year. J/K! But you know what I mean....

I've been hitting the gym and since I was fasting the best way I know to replenish the wear and tear I sustain with the gym is protein shakes. During my fast I have allowed myself liquid in all its forms. Beverages, soups, icees or ice cream. Since I am a raging lactose intolerant, I do dairy free ice cream.

I got a vitamix a few years ago and I'm love with it and all it can do. It can make soup and it can make ice cream! It actually makes them very similarly; go figure. Here is my recipe...

1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 cup coconut milk (or almond milk)
1 cup ice
1 Tbspn vanilla extract
1/4 cup brown sugar or whatever you use as a sweetener

Vitamix that bad boy up and you're done! The texture comes up like soft serve. I prefer harder ice cream so I put mine in the freezer to harden off. I can't eat chocolate either, so I added carob chips.

It doesn't taste like regular ice cream, but neither do the the imitations. This works for me and it tastes good! And it's cheaper than the store bought variety. Thought I'd share...


Peace!

P.S. I blended up OJ, protein powder and ice and it came out like a creamsicle!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

Ooch-Ouch Girl

Skirting the Issue