Fibroids

Peace Y'all,

Fibroids are benign tumors that grow in or on the uterus. It is something that American Black women suffer from (I'm not sure that melaninated people in other countries suffer from fibroids). Other factors include family history, never had children, and overweight. I am all of that. I got diagnosed with fibroids at age 28. The doctor found a small one during an annual visit. My mother had really bad fibroids. Doctors told her she couldn't have more children after my older brother. Clearly they were wrong because I'm here. Also in the 70's they didn't know that fibroids were benign. So when my mother birthed me, she also had a hysterectomy in the same surgery.

Because I have fibroids I have PAINFUL and long cycles. I BLEED. I can fill up a super overnight pad in 2 hours on a heavy flow day. I have about 4-5 HEAVY days and then another 3 days light. I only hurt on the heavy days. I lose so much blood, that it has landed me in the hospital. When you lose a lot of blood, you have less volume in your circulatory system. That means your heart has to beat faster to pump it which has other side effects. and the one side effect I don't care for is that my heart could just stop working. Also, I stay iron deficient. It's super hard to take the pills. Iron pills constipate me and my my ass itch. I have cast iron cookware.... I eat kale, collards and all the greens.... I use molasses as a sweetener... I became a vegetarian to reduce the amount of estrogen in my diet... I strive to not be stressed, but a lot of times, stress is not really in our own hands. This has always been an issue for me. Even from having my cycles when I was just a girl. So I wonder if fibroids are something that some of us are just predisposed to have? My mother used to tell me how she suffered. And it was similar. BUT.... my grand mother didn't suffer as we did, nor did my aunt or her daughter. I have always wondered.... why us? You know I don't trust the government like that. My mother could have been given some "vaccine" to control the Black population.

So what are my options? I had a myomectomy in 2002. That removed all the fibroids they could find. But since folks don't know why they develop in the 1st place, they can come back. And they did. At my age, and with my history, the only thing that is being offered to me now is a hysterectomy. I've flat out refused that. Fibroids magically disappear at menopause. So they haven't offered me anything else but suffering. So I have taken matters into my own hands. A friend of mine, with the same issues, had a second surgery that would cut the blood supply off to the tumors. I have issues with that... If they cut off blood supply to the fibroid, then it would shrivel and rot and putrefy within the body. That cant be healthy. The body would either pick up the rotten pieces and clear it somehow or it just stays there..... Ewwww! And my insurance doesn't cover the procedure so there. I have opted to go with a less traumatic and less expensive option....

Merchants of the world!

MOW is a natural health store, run by Original people in South Carolina. They are herbalists that seem to know their shit. I appreciate that. My family is ancestrally from SC. This is one of those line up moments. So you take supplements for 90 days avoiding caffeine, chocolate and meat and you should see a significant reduction of the tumors. I know you could argue that taking that out of the diet is what works rather than the supplements. Well.... I don't really do those things anyway. So if it works on me, it works. The program involves taking expensive supplements that you purchase from MOW, but also supplementation of iodine and red clover. You can buy it from MOW, but you don't have to. I just buy the fibroid supplement from MOW and the support supps from my local health store. What impressed me is that MOW gives you personal advice on they type of iodine that should be taken via your heritage. That right there is cool.




I have begun this program today which is day 8 of my cleanse. So all I have to report is the pre-information that I have collected. I'm starting with my uterus the size of a 30 week pregnancy.

Wish me luck!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue