I'm Baaaaack!

Peace!

I'm back... It's been a hellish couple of years. Quick update... My whole family died. I'm not being flip. It happened. I lost the job I had been working for 13 years right after I bought a house. I found out my heart beats too fast, and there is really no treatment to slow it down. And I have been slapped in the head with viscous insomnia. I'm a person that really likes to sleep. I feel strongly that this is how folks get old; by not sleeping.

But as always... I'm standing squarely on my own Cipher and I'm gone be alright!

But it is that time of year... fasting time. I actually haven't fasted in a few years. I was very sick in 2014. I was throwing up, dizzy, etc. and last year, stressed with the house and such. I had walking pneumonia! This year gave me excuses to not fast, but I declared I was gonna get back to me. Serenity must reappear in her own image. Not somebody's wife, or mother, or employee. Me! The me I want to be. I can honestly say, the last time I was the real me was when my 1st husband died. He left me enough money to take a sabbatical into who and what I want to be. But then I went back to work and allowed concerns to touch me again. Allowed my now deceased family to put their issues firmly on my shoulders. And where I miss my family desperately everyday, I don't miss the drama. So this fast is going to do a lot for me. Not just physically, but mentally and emotionally. I'm a get back to me.

Physically: I need to lose weight. I was playing around with the God and said without thinking that if he hit the powerball, I would lose 100 lbs so I could be his trophy wife. This skinny motherfucker said, "If you know you need to lose 100 lbs why don't you just do it?" That messed with my head.... so I decided that I would lose 100 lbs. But not all at once. I have passed that "snap back" age. Seriously. When folks in their 40's decided to lose weight, and lose quickly... they look emaciated. If they work out super hard, the women look like male cross dressers. No. That ain't for the pretty girl I am. So.... I have decided to lose 25 lbs a year... birthday - birthday... and keep it off.... until I hit 50. That's 100 lbs. I have lost some weight... Though I don't know how much because I don't own a scale... and I'm not buying one. But my clothes are very loose. I bought a pair of size 18 pants from a cheap woman's store and they fell off me. I didn't try them on 1st. Cheap clothes run small. Store so cheap, you can't return them after 7 days. I'm a get on the scale... how else will I know if I lost the 25lbs?

I joined a gym! Planet Fitness. It's cheap and everywhere. So when I travel I won't have a reason to not to work out. I've been going really regular. I'm one of these people that once I spend money on something I have to get my money's worth. More on that in another post... I have feelings about Planet Fitness....

The fast: I'm doing my traditional juice fast. 21 days of liquids. I don't like to tell folks my business because then they give you their opinion even though I didn't ask. So when folks say, "lets do lunch." I say, "sorry, I'm fasting." Then I mean mug them until they stop asking questions.

Currently it's day 3. I always say after day 3 you're no longer hungry. I'm ready for that to be true. I've already began to develop the desired food list. It's early to be feeling that way. I found it hard to work out at the gym on day 2. I bought some protein powder to keep my strength going. I stopped the weights until day 8. The 1st week is all about getting my colon evacuated. Once it's clean the healing can begin. I've been drinking those diet teas and already I feel lighter. It's a good feeling. I'm pleased. The 2nd week I have some new modalities I'd like to try. I'll build on that later. But now I'm focusing on evacuating and hydrating.

So far so good.....


Peace





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue