Hiatus #1

Peace.

I am on my 1st official hiatus. With this low calorie diet you cannot just stay on it forever. Your body will learn (as it does with any diet) and compensate. The natural desire of the body is to retain weight for a famine. (Damn how many famines have there been, that bodies have made these modifications?) This is the reasons diets stop working, and the reason why when you go back to a diet that worked previously they don't. The human body is amazing....

So I decided to take my break beginning on my bornday (11/10) and resume after all the Thanksgiving food is gone. Roughly around 11/29. That's about 2 weeks. Then I will be back on the low calorie diet until the new year. I 'm supposed to only do 3 cycles and take a REAL rest. A 2 month hiatus. The cycles are supposed to get smaller and smaller. Bottom line.... I will be having chocolate on Valentines Day.

I'm liking how I look. No one has said anything... so maybe it's just me. All my clothes are loose. I have a pair of pants that I bought just in case I have to travel to the northeast in winter. I don't normally wear pants. So I don't have a plethora of them. I actually have 4 pair. 2 pairs of jeans, a pair of black pants and blue jeggings. Those black pants were bought this year, and they are currently so loose that I can pull them on and off without unfastening them. I messed around and wore them without a belt, and they were falling down... literally... around my ankles! I will take that action. I am officially back into a size 16. If I can lose a dress size with each round, I'll be at my goal by the time I'm done with this series. If only.... Since my goal is a 12. I'm not expecting that level of success. But I'll take it if it comes... And celebrate!!!

Even with my success... my belly measurement has not gotten below 40”. I've decided on a misfit fitness tracker. But... I'm keeping my word about not getting it until my waist goes down, Here is the thing... I have fibroids. BIG fibroids. And they are making my tummy pooch out. I have 2 really big ones (cantaloupe and lemon) and god knows how many small ones. I'm not having a hysterectomy. That I'm adamant about. But since I'm 45 and have already had a myomectomy. Doctors don't care about your feelings. They want to do surgery to fill their pockets. Well not off my uterus. So I'm going to have a pooch. The fibroids will reabsorb once I hit menopause. I'm almost there.

My body has changed. I just have to accept it. I no longer have a coke bottle shape. It's more of a 2 liter bottle. I have no idea how to dress it. It is going to require a whole lot of trial and error. I normally would go to a department store and try on clothes until I had a sense of what works for me. But it's xmas season. I ain't going to the mall for shit. But that won't top me from doing google searches.

Since beginning this diet, I have been low grade hungry all of the time. I've gotten used to the burn in my tummy. It's like the burn is keeping me company. While on break, I'm not going to return to my poor eating habits. That's one of the purposes of the hiatus; to learn maintenance. The guilt is strong. I want to eat all the foods, but I know better. So I'm still following the 2 meal a day plan that I have established. But I'm allowing myself more calories. 1200 to be exact. And I have been eating more solid lunches than the salads I had allowed myself.

All in all.... still doing well. No updates until I'm back on the diet at least a week. I'll probably need your support. I am always in a foul mood after visiting my mother and her people.... better known as my relatives.


Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue