Hair

Peace.


Right now my locs are almost to my waist. When they're wet, they do infact reach my waist. But when they dry they are much shorter. I began my locs in 2008. Once I decided to loc, I said I'd either start my locs at 40 or after a life event. My father died 3/1/2008.

My original goal with my hair was to grow it until I could sit on it. I heard someone use that as a goal and I thought it was cool. But the reality of this super long and super heavy hair makes me daily question that goal.

I think it's a female desire to want long hair. Some females like short hair, most like it a bit longer. When you see a woman with long hair you don't have another thought. But when you see a man with long hair, you look a second time and make a few assumptions.

I can't speak on other cultures other than the Black American communities... Actually I could speak on the white American culture because in this country they act like anything else is the exception and not the rule... But... even we have our own hair things. Our baby boys don't get their hair cut until they are 2 or else they will grow up to be a thief. Black women are obsessed with hair. We will put weave on layaway or credit to get our tresses as long as possible. It's a thing with us.

While perusing the interwebs.... I came across an article that said there was a 'spiritual' aspect to having long hair. Hmmmm.... As a Black woman with 4c hair I already knew there was at least 1 kind of difference to my hair than for others. People of West African descent are the only people who's hair grows out/up rather than down. Our hair defies gravity while every one else's falls victim. So there's that.

I recognize that lots of religious/spooky don't cut their hair. They feel like it is going to interfere with their connection to their deity, or that it will make them weak somehow. Some folks see female hair as a treat that should only be seen by a woman's husband or immediate blood male relatives as if the sight alone will cause a man to lose his shit and spark a ravishing. All over the globe, women particularly and a lot of times men, cover their heads.

Many spiritual and religious traditions view hair as a retainer of one’s vital essence. Rastafarians consider hair their connection to God, calling their long dreadlocks “God antennae.” Sikhs allow their hair to grow naturally as a symbol of respect for the perfection of God’s creation. Ancient Middle Eastern tradition includes offering hair for religious rites in place of human sacrifice and the fulfillment of vows. Samson lost his battle when his hair — the secret source of his power — was cut.

Here is some of the information I came across in my research..... (And I found a lot of the exact same wording and paragraphs on different sites. As a blogger... I find that truly grimy. If you are using folks words, give them the credit. You will see a bibliography at the bottom of this build.)

Consider the possibility that the hair on your head is there to do more than just look good. Man is the only creature who grows longer hair on his head as he grows into adulthood. Left uncut, your hair will grow to a particular length and then stop all by itself at the correct length for you. From a yogic perspective, hair is an amazing gift of nature that can actually help raise the Kundalini energy (creative life force), which increases vitality, intuition, and tranquility.

Long ago people in many cultures didn’t cut their hair, because it was a part of who they were. There were no salons. Often, when people were conquered or enslaved, their hair was cut as a recognized sign of slavery. It was also understood that this would serve as punishment and decrease the power of those enslaved.
The bones in the forehead are porous and function to transmit light to the pineal gland, which affects brain activity, as well as thyroid and sexual hormones. Cutting bangs which cover the forehead impedes this process.
When Genghis Khan conquered China, he considered the Chinese to be a very wise, intelligent people who would not allow themselves to be subjugated. He therefore required all women in the country to cut their hair and wear bangs, because he knew this would serve to keep them timid and more easily controlled.


Hairs are the antennas which channel the gathered "Sun Energy" or "Pranic Energy" to the Frontal Lobe (part of the brain used in the visualization and meditation). So, these antennas acts as a tube to bring the greater quantities of subtle cosmic energy.

If you opt to cut your hair, you not only lose the nourishment and energy consisted in it, but also your body again has to provide lots of life energy and nutrients to regrow the missed hair.
It may take at least three years from the time of your haircut, for the new antennas to create at the tips of the hair. -

In India, Rishis were well known for their wisdom and coiling their hair up on the crown of the head, during the day to energize the cells of the brain and then combs it down at night. Because "Rishi knot", activates the magnetic field or Auric field and stimulates the pineal gland at the center of the brain. This activation of the pineal gland, results to the higher spiritual perception and intellect. The hair absorbs "Solar Energy", during the day and "Lunar Energy", during the night. Keeping the hair up in the day and down in the night helps in this process. Braiding the hair at night will help the Electromagnetic Field or Aura, balance out for the day.

Combing the hair at least twice a day, helps in a lot of blood circulation in the scalp and stimulates it. It is always a better choice to opt wooden comb for that. Because it does not create the static electricity, which decreases the hair's energy to the brain. 

For women, to maintain a healthy menstrual cycle, good eyesight and youthfulness, the above said technique of combing have to be done twice a day.

“When the hair on your head is allowed to attain its full, mature length, then phosphorous, calcium, and vitamin D are all produced, and enter the lymphatic fluid, and eventually the spinal fluid through the two ducts on the top of the brain. This ionic change creates more efficient memory and leads to greater physical energy, improved stamina, and patience.”

I'm not sure how I feel about all this information.... I mean there might be something to it and I'm probably modern technologically jaded, but... what? I do feel different since forgoing perms in 2000. I do feel different since locking my hair and achieving a length that I would never have imagined my hair would achieve. Truth be told I'm surprised I made the decision to loc. It is one of my best decisions. I have a freedom that I've never had before. I don't feel controlled by weather or do I feel shackled to my hairdresser or product. But I don't feel mentally elevated because of my hair and it's length. But then I wasn't checking.

Another thing is I don't wear my hair uncovered in public. So all the sun rays don't get to massage my skull and pineal gland. I will wear my hair loose in the house and in my yard, if I'm alone and private. I may wear a scarf that allows hair underneath occasional so that my hair can breath. I recognize that hair is dead and locs even more so since that dead hair collects in the loc.

Also I keep my loc products to a minimum. I did that loc cleanse and was so affected by my results that I vowed, to find a regimen that didn't load my hair up with crap. So if my long hair can truly be some type of vessel, then I'm truly a power line.

I will start paying attention.....


Peace


http://www.ultimatetruthofself.com/higher-consciousness/spiritual-importance-of-hair

https://www.quantumbalancing.com/spiritualhair.htm

http://forward.com/articles/120555/flow-it-show-it-the-spirituality-of-hair/#ixzz3qXHldpUk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue