So Far, So Good

Peace.

Well.... I am satisfied to say that I lost 2 inches from my waist! Yay damnit! For all you haters out there, I know the 1st week is always the best week. I will still take the victory. I have 2 more inches to get back to my normal waist measurement. And 6 more to achieve my 1st goal. My scale broke and I really don't know how that translates into pounds. I work in a hospital. I suppose with dedication I could find a scale somewhere. I'm not that dedicated. At some point I will have to. My 2nd and 3rd goal is contingent on the scale. But my 1st is not. I'll look into finding a scale then.

My issue of the day is supplements.... I hate to have to take them. I feel like you should adjust your diet and lifestyle to get all that you need. Truth be told.... I'm living in this reality like most people. I have a 9-5, and all the pressure that come with middle class living for this world. I don't have the time or money to focus entirely on being super healthy. I tried and failed. In addition, the food is genetically modified, the water is tainted and the ground itself has lost a lot of nutrients because of over farming. So I have to be honest with myself, and take all these damn vitamins. I take so many vitamins that I have to take them in shifts. I take a woman's multivitamin in the morning, Mg sometime during the workday and specific needs vitamins in the evening. My urine is florescent.

Do you know why I'm all super recommitted? 2 reasons.... (1) I went to give blood last week and my iron is super low. My body hasn't shown the signs of low iron so, this iron deficiency is fighting me back on my iron-ating efforts. And it wasn't just low... it was dangerously low. Should something happen to me, I will require a transfusion. Just no.... And (2) This diet I'm on is so low calorie (500-800 cal/day) that I KNOW I'm missing out on vitamins.

Interesting fact on obesity.... when you are obese, treatments don't work or work as well. So all this iron I take may not be doing anything because I'm obese. If I was on medication, that may not be as effective because I'm obese. So weight loss seems more like a necessity than an option.

It's always something....


Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue