How many times????

Peace.....


Well here I go again.... I'm on another diet.

I was switching out some clothes. It's getting cooler. And I realized that everything was tight. I was feeling like ground and seasoned swine and my clothes are the casing. That is not a good feeling. I got the tape measure out and check my waist measurement. It's the only measurement I ever know off the top of my head. And surely as I'm sitting here, the measurement wasn't just an inch bigger, but 5 inches bigger than it normally is. I even had to pin the blouse that I'm wearing and I'm wearing a minimizer bra!Woooooow....... I'm not buying or making a new wardrobe for this size. So I gotta handle my business.

This summer was taxing for me. In April I had car accident and wasn't running like I normally would. Actually, I didn't run at all. Then my brother died in May and I have been mourning. Y'all know I sew, right? I made a mourning capsule wardrobe and I made everything super loose. In addition to that I haven't fasted since June. I just didn't fee like it. I have been having weird illnesses all summer. I've been dizzy, vomiting, had headaches. It's really not been a great look for me this year. 2015 is officially busted. I gained weight... now I've got to lose it.

A friend of mine recently had weight loss surgery. I'm not sure which kind. She is physically the closest person to me who has had the procedure. Because I see her so frequently, I get to see how it is working for her. And since I have no expertise in this area, I have been observing without (a) making judgments on how she's doing and (b) offering advice. Even when she asks for it. It's not my lane. I have monitored how she eats, what she eats, etc. and this is my question.... If I eat like she eats, without the surgery, will I lose weight like she is?

Let's think about it.... the only thing the surgery did for her was take will power out of the equation, by shrinking her stomach. If I eat the small portions that she eats; why couldn't I lose weight and at the same rate? Between us, I'm the only one who runs the risk of re-gaining weight.

So I did the Knowledge on weight loss surgeries. First thing I found out is I'm obese. I dislike that word... a lot. But it is what it is. I could lose 100lbs and still be thick. I think I look sexy. And I get a LOT of male attention and female hate... but that really doesn't change the reality does it? So 'obese' is a designation I will accept... begrudgingly and temporarily. My late brother had weight loss surgery. He was obese. He weighed like 500+ pounds. He actually had to lose weight to have the surgery done. I think he lost about 200lbs. I think this is why I don't think of myself as obese. I'm just not as big.

There is a pre- surgical diet. And it is a seriously low calorie diet. Between 500-800 calories a day. Weight Watchers would have me eating 3000 cal/day. But apparently when you are obese, you can be a little more extreme than if you were just overweight. It is said, when you lose weight extreme, it's difficult to keep it off when you return to regular eating. I shall cross that bridge when I get to it.

So basically my plan is to eat like I don't have a stomach. Incredibly small portions leading to low calories. Also, this summer I increased my intake of noodles. Yes.. I'm part of the ramen noodle generation. Them things are delicious comfort food. I think I'm not good with carbs. So I'm not eating them anymore. I really like pasta and potatoes. Not so much rice and bread. I'm backing way down off carbs. It can be done. So this diet is also gonna look very Atkins-esque. Low carb, but not no carb. And not low fat either. Fat makes your skin and hair glow. I'm a add a bit of T.H.E.M. Eat to live with his limited window of eating. Y'all remember that about 5 years ago I went on the HCG diet and lost about 20lbs. That was a 500 cal/day diet with injections. I don't think those 20lbs were worth having to inject myself in the belly. I have fibroids, so my uterus is in a state of partial pregnancy anyway. I doubt I'm making loads of hcg, but it's enough going on in there to aid me in my cause. I knew If I looked long enough I'd find the best part of fibroids.

Sounds nigg-a-rigged (white people you CANNOT use that phrase!!!!) but it just might work. Why shouldn't I lose weight the same way someone who had surgery loses it? All they are doing is eating consistently way less than they did. They will get to a point and it will taper off for them. They take supplements... I can take supplements. Is there something surgical that they do that I haven't heard about? When my brother had his surgery all those years ago I was all over it.

Here is something that I find ironic.... the same tips and trick that are given to the obese to lose weight are the same tips and trick that anorexic people use to work their illness.... eat 500 cal/day... drink a lot of water.... brush your teeth before eating to kill the desire to want to eat or at least make the food taste funny....look at pictures that disturb you..... workout a lot...... drink peppermint tea and so forth. So it's cool to be anorexic if your obese but not if your thin? Whatever.

I'm shaking off labels. I'm only sharing this rather than keep it under wraps because I want folks to know. If you see me eating wrong.... and after you've gently inquired to whether I've actually erred.... call me out. But make you are accurate; because in the words of my mother.... “the little one fights!”


Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue