Moving on....

Peace.

I know my last few posts have really been rants. But, I think I needed to feel that level of frustration to put things in perspective for me. Whether on the internet, with doctors/professional or in journals; you can find advice to support whatever you feel like doing and the contrary. So at the end of the day… you need to be doing what seems and feels right to you and keep it moving. That’s what I’m doing. Oh, I’ll still try new things every now and again, but I need to feel positive about what I do.

So this weekend I crossed and half crossed off items from my fitness bucket list. Remember, last year I planned to run a 5K and didn’t. Well this year I signed up, paid for and picked up my shirt and bib. All I have to do is complete the race and I can check that off!

In preparation for my race I have been running a 5k almost daily. And I’m staying truly hydrated. I installed a “drink water” app on my phone that harasses me every few hours. And I have been keeping water all around me. In the car, on my desk, next to my bed, etc. I’m actually not peeing as much as I thought I would. Go figure. I will run up until about Tuesday or Wednesday and then chill. Apparently, the body does better if given some rest right before a race. My goal is a sub 50min PR. I’m running that right now. At some point I will go out to the site of the race and look things over. Check for hills and such. It’s supposed to rain Saturday so I will need to get a poncho… and allegedly it’s supposed to be my shark week. If shark week starts today it will be over by Saturday. I’ve been wishing for it to start all weekend to no avail. As long as it’s not the 1st 3 days.

Another item on my fitness bucket list was climbing Stone Mountain. I live in the metro ATl area so that’s the local hotspot. I have heard folks talking about how they took on the mountain and assumed that I would… one day. Apparently that day was yesterday. I did it… a d I doubt I’d do it again. Rock climbing is not my thing.

I went with a friend of mine who wanted to jumpstart a fitness plan. That was a good idea in theory… but she isn’t at the same fitness level I am. She doesn’t work out at all. But she is 10 years younger than me so she thinks that she can jump in and do what I do. I have been running consistently for 2 years and I’m careful about what I eat. She smokes real cigarettes, and she is about 50lb heavier than I am. Not saying I’m better than she is. We are in different fitness categories. It took us 2 hours to go up and come down. Granted once we got up there we stayed for awhile. It was cooler up there and damn… it was a hard climb. We split up on the way down and I got to the car a full 30 minutes before she did.

That climb/hike worked a completely different set of muscles than running does. That has only reinforced the idea that I must diversify my work outs more. I REALLY like to run, but I will try some other stuff, because right now, that’s all I really do. I got my bike out of storage and bought a bike helmet. I bought a new bathing suit. And I’m probably going to start upping my mileage because I plan to run a 10k next year!

Check out the pics…
Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue