And another one

Peace.

So…. I had another vertigo flare this past Sunday. Luckily it didn’t last long, just a few hours. Because I recognized what was happening allowed me to jump right in and get the meds on board. Here is what I think triggered it…. A combination of not eating and it being hot.

Sunday was the 1st 90* day of the season. I HATE eating breakfast. I hate eating early, I hate breakfast foods (except for pancakes… love them joints). I hate the way I feel after eating it. Even if I don’t eat a lot, I still come down with the “itis.” So most days I just skip it. Even Ayurvedically, my dosha (Kapha) says don’t eat it. So I cooked for the 7, but didn’t eat myself. I also didn’t run. My phone wasn’t charged and by the time it did charge it was just too hot. So I was all mellow and chilling in the house.

I was watching a show on TV that had just a mild amount of action (I’m thinking that watching a lot of movement is another though mild trigger)… all of a sudden my head is hurting, swirling and I’m dry heaving. After I was done vomiting, I decided to eat something… even before taking on the meds. I ate. A real meal. And I felt better. I wanted to see how much better so I held off on the meds a few hours to see if it all came back. It didn’t. Eventually I took the meds before I went to bed because I had to go to work on Monday.

When I had my 1st flare it was after a long and hard run where I didn’t eat first. I generally don’t ever eat before a run. I like to run so early that I wouldn’t be able to eat and wait the hour before exertion.

Today I’m fasting… It’s Tuesday and I fast on Tuesdays. I have that aura that one gets before a big migraine. I have been putting juice on it to hold it back. I had a smoothie this morning. So far so good. But If I ate something I know I’d feel better. Since it’s been so hot, and I have a race next Saturday, I need to be out there putting some serious work in. I have decided to go to the track early in the morning and run for 40 minutes. I’m not going out there with nothing in the tank. So…. Even though I’m fasting today…. Around 8pm-ish….. (that will be 24 hours since I had some solid food) I’m going to eat something. I know it’s bad to eat and sleep, but vertigo flares in the middle of the morning are bad too. I’m picking my poison.

I know my symptoms sound like hypoglycemia and it very well might be… But I’m not diabetic or pre-diabetic. I’ve been checked rather recently. Like May 2014… I’m good.

You know… the 40’s suck!


Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue