Legs...

Peace.

People take these kinds of pics all the time. I see them in all the running blogs. I don't know why they do it but I decided to be a little more proactive with my photo taking. So.... Here are my legs post workout.




Speaking of workouts.... One of the New Years goals is to run a race... hell a few races! I was planning to run a particular race in March in Charlotte. For more than just running reasons. My niece lives in the area and she has a new son. It would give me an opportunity to visit with them. The race is at the Charlotte Motor speedway. The God is a big NASCAR fan and this would be a cool outing for him. And he MUST come to all races. He is my unofficial coach. And finally it's a twilight race. I'm not a fan of the morning. Twilight racing makes more sense to me.

So I have put myself on a schedule where I go hard for 5 days a week to prepare for these mystery races. That coupled with my yoga streak has made me strangely sore. I say strangely, because yoga is mostly stretching therefore I shouldn’t be sore. And I have been doing easy sequences because I was on cycle. So I'm curious as to why I am feeling like this. Technically, I should feel great and limber. My lower back has a congestion. It’s very achy. But that could be because it’s raining. I have gotten to the age where I can predict the weather from within my body. I’m going to take it as a good thing.

Essentially my training schedule looks like this…. Run hard 3 days a week and cross train the other 2. I’m at a loss as to what I should be doing for cross training. I would like to swim, but I haven’t worked out a righteous 3/4th bathing suit yet and my hair is huge. I suppose I could dust my bike off. Probably. I’m scared to ride it. More on that later. I have some P90x videos I could do. I could do some resistance training. I want to bring out my inner ‘donkey booty’. I have difficulty doing my own personal training without some sort of guide to follow more than just some suggested cards and exercises. I have some Zumba videos. But I don’t want to necessarily fill the cross train days with cardio. I am in my 40’s and need to tone. I really thought running would take care of everything. It hasn’t. It has made me fitter with more endurance. It has made me horny and hungry. But I still have a lot of back fat, a redundant pooch, a double chin and my ass is not where I thought it would be. I’m getting smaller in the same proportions. Not really sure how I feel about that. So I need to figure out how to get the body I want using a program I can stick with. Right now, running and yoga have to suffice.

This is why I blog. It helps me work things out.

I am a firm believer in being the change you want to see. Googling Black or African American fitness blogs takes you NO WHERE. I know we work out. I know we blog. Maybe we don’t blog about working out. There are some, but for me, not enough. I am going to add this one the mix.


Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue