A non-Running post

Peace. Starting 2/1/13 I have been on a yoga streak. I plan on streaking the whole month of February in addition to my running. Streaking is defined as doing an activity every day. I decided I need to be streaking yoga as part of my annual preparation for spring. Most folks in the wilderness of North America get very excited about the holidays that end the Gregorian calendar. I partake in those holidays simply because I like the vibe of folks during that time. They are nicer that time than normal. But my excitement comes with the Asiatic New Year. Conscious Original people celebrate ANY, though not in a meaningful way. I hold onto the traditions that I grew up with, though I have stripped the religion from them and ran them through the lens of Supreme Mathematics. I fast for 21 days, I start preparing my summer garden, I make myself a new Easter outfit (that I wear on Easter) and I’m adding the yoga streak to the mix. With February 2nd just passed, I have shifted to preparation mode again. The reason why I am adding yoga is I have noticed that my home practice which used to be really intense has completely lapsed. I used to really enjoy my time on the mat. That is before I did P90x. It made me HATE when the yoga day came and after I was done with P90x, I was kinda done with yoga. When I try to do a few moves now I shake, I get sick to my stomach. That just lets me know how far away from it I have gotten. It bothers me that I have lost this. Also, running has made me stiff in certain aspects. I have done some research on the subject of running and yoga but I have yet to get a definitive answer. You what you gotta do when that happens… You have to figure out what works best for you. So I’m 4 days and 4 workouts into my streak. I have encouraged a friend and my cousin to join me. They are open minded people. It is really crazy that in this day and age folks think that yoga is a spooky pagan religion that can jeopardize their place in heaven. People miss a lot when they refuse to try new things. New things aren't always bad. I’m not pushing crack on folks. Stretching and flexibility is something that will help people into their older ages. I started a Facebook group and post daily sequences for them to follow. They don’t have to, but since they don’t know anything about yoga, it will give them a jumping off point. I have put other information out there too. Like whether you need a mat. Or what to do about shaking. What to do if you can’t hold a pose. Or should you be concerned about being light headed or sick. They are doing this for Lent. I’m doing this to re-jump-start my home practice. Not all the sequences are long. Some are 10 minutes others are over an hour. They all show a focus.. Like cycle/PMS yoga, yoga for energy, etc, and all different types so they can get a nice cross section. So my personal update is…. This is hard for me all over again. I’m shaky, nauseated, dizzy, etc. But just like I was able to get good at it before, I can get good at this again. Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue