Day 57: Can you believe it?

Peace!

I cannot let an auspicious moment pass like this…. I am on Day 57 of P90x!!!!! Yes! But the shocking part is…. I finally lost some damn weight! Only 3 lbs, but I’ll take it. I don’t know what happened. The ironic thing is I slouched on week 8’s workouts.

I just came out of recovery week. I must say. Last week… I recovered! So much in fact that I only logged 1 workout. I’m not being down on myself at all. And I don’t consider it a failure. Recovery week was designed to be a time when the muscles rest. I just rested them a little more than the designers of P90x would have liked. I got right back on the good foot this morning (Week 9, Day 1) and did chest and back and ab ripper.

Sometimes you need to be a little bad to get results. And I lost 3 frigging pounds! Plus all my clothes are getting loose, not too loose but loose enough for me to tell. And people are starting to notice that I am changing. Not the people that see me every day, but the other folks.

Recovery week coincided with my T.O.M. I can tell that something is going on. Traditionally when I am on a diet and/or exercising T.O.M. is very, VERY painful. I had one of those last week. So all the signs of change are present.

Something I have noticed is when I workout, I’m starving all day long. I work out in the morning and I don’t eat 1st. I get up at 4:25 am. That early in the morning I can’t be concerned about food. Last week I wasn’t starving all day long. For 2 days, I didn’t even eat my lunch. That doesn’t happen when I work out. I’m snacking all day. It’s good to know that my body is responding appropriately.

I also increased my caloric intake from 1230 to 1400. P90x says I should be eating 2200. I’d go savage. If that’s the case, I could eat like I had been eating and just work out. The trend in research now a days says that diet alone makes you lose weight. Well if that were true I should be thin as Diana Ross. I don’t eat much. And I’m not being facetious. On weekends I need to be reminded to eat. So clearly Serenity needs to work out. Plus it just makes you feel better…. When it’s over.

I really can’t wait for P90x to be over. I’m not going back to my slug ways but I ain’t doing this again. I will keep the workouts to do at my leisure but I won’t be doing another round. And I WILL call myself a P90x graduate!


Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue