43/90

Peace Good People!

I am nearly through the 2nd phase of P90x. I’ve got nothing good to say. I’m letting you know up front, that this will probably turn into a bitch and moan session. So here we go…

It’s official, today. I have NOT missed a single workout. One of the things I was afraid of was that I would get sick somewhere in the middle of the phase 2. That seems like the spot where most people get ill and fall completely off their game. I must have worried myself into said predicament because I got sick last week. Maybe sick is a bad description. My back went out last Friday. I could barely move. That was a yoga day. So there was no yoga that day; just a lot of rehab for my back. I got it to a place where I could do yoga on Saturday with modifications. I did Saturday’s workout on Sunday and Sunday’s last night. I would have done it yesterday morning but the time change threw me. Since I took Friday off, I didn’t have Monday off. So now I right back where I’m supposed to be. So I am 43/90 days into P90x. Week 7, day1.

Okay. So here are my questions…. (1) Why am I still achy? And (2) why have I not lost weight????? Not a single pound. Those are some serious questions right there.

I have exercised before. Maybe not like this in a minute but I am not a stranger to exercise. (Maybe a cousin once removed) Normally, I expect to be still and achy for 2 weeks, but then the pain levels off and I get used to it. If it is something I can work into my daily schedule, I miss it when I don’t do it. When I stopped walking I felt terrible for weeks. I had been walking for 5 months. And yes when I started I wasn’t much good, but I got better. This P90x business has not gotten me better. I’m still sore. I’m still achy. This could be the 1st week. It’s not pretty.

And 43 days of pain and misery and I have yet to lose a pound? That’s some bullshit. Complete bullshit. I have heard all the propaganda…. Muscle weighs more than fat…. The muscle will burn the fat eventually….. The scale is not important…. Check measurements…. Yada yada yada…. I want that damn scale to move. I will admit that I have had good measurement loss. Clothe fit me differently. And folks have been saying I look like I have lost weight. But these are the same people who would say I looked like I was losing when I have gained. Certain people can’t be trusted. But the old men and creepy men are checking for me so something must be happening.

I was joking over at mfp, that when you lose weight you can tell by the male attention. First you get the old men. For some reason old men like thicker women. Go figure. Then you get the creepy men with the nig girl fetish. Then you get the young boys. After the younguns come the normal men. Normal men means you have hit pay dirt! I am down to creepy guys. Another way I can tell if I’m looking good is from my evil coworker. She is nothing but pure and useless bile packaged in Christian shell. She has a mean spirit of jealous envy. Plus she’s funny looking. All she has on me is she is thinner than I. And she uses it at every opportunity. When I am looking good, she gets belligerent. She’s doing a bit of that now.

I had hoped that my eczema would have cleared up some. Sometimes when I seriously suffering, losing weight softens the skin enough to relieve it. Not so much this time. I’m thinking it would, but all that sweat is annoying my skin and a lot of the exercises are done on the floor and there is cat dander down there. I love my baby but he is killing me with that. Vacuuming helps. Antihistamine would help better but I workout before I go to work. I have heartburn too. That is a warning that I need to lose weight. I hasn’t abated either.

I will become a P90x graduate. But it is highly unlikely that I will do this program again. I feel too shitty and I’m not losing weight. Plus the workouts are too long. 75-90 minutes for most of them. Not a good look.

Next is Insanity. It’s all cardio, 40 minute workouts and a 6 week program.



Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue