I know muscle weigh more than fat, Damnit!

Peace Y’all….

I know it’s been a minute since I have updated my P90x foolishness. And you probably thought I quit. I didn’t. I’m one of those people who see things to the end even if it’s a bad idea. I like to give everything a complete shot before I talk shit about it.

I completed the 1st phase of P90x and the recovery phase and now I comfortable in the 2nd phase. I held off weighing myself until the recovery phase was complete….. I gained 5 lbs. So I have been pissed for the last few days. I guess the water and the green tea ain’t all that. But I shouldn’t be so crusty. I have lost 4 inches off my stomach and 3 inches off my chest. Clearly something is working. And I know I probably gained a lot of muscle. I assume that’s what’s going on with my arms. They haven’t changed in measurement but they aren’t as flimsy. My thighs haven’t changed either. But then again, I’m not sure I’m measurig them in the same position. They are less jiggly, though. The God has noticed tiny muscles sprouting. So I suppose I am successful in this endeavor. I’m not happy with my bootie. I have never been happy with my bootie. It doesn’t have a good ‘sista’ shape. I’m all hips and meat. No oniony roundness. That’s one of the reasons I don’t wear pants.

I found a really cool site. Myfitnesspal.com. It’s like FaceBook for fat people. That’s not fair, but every one over there is on a diet and it works just like FB. I like it. It has a good vibe and accountability is part of membership. If you don’t log in for a minute it shouts you out. It tells you how many days you’ve logged in. There is even an app for your phone. Yeah, that site hits all the bases for me.

So now that I have a fitness plan, I just need to figure out how to eat. P90x came with a nutrition plan and for the most part I follow it. But eating low carbs/high protein when you are a vegan makes that kind of uncomfortable. The high protein vegan food is also high calories…. Think nuts. If I eat precisely how they suggest, I will go over my calorie allowance in a meal. Eating 1 meal a day is doable, but it will shift my body in starvation mode because I won’t be eating all those mini meals. Then my body will hold onto weight rather than releasing it. See? This ain’t easy. So I have been doing the knowledge to calorie cycling.

Calorie cycling is a philosophy of skewing your caloric intake. One day you eat the bare minimum the next you eat the max. Up and down, up and down. It is supposed to confuse the body so that it never gets used to what and how you’re eating. And it sounds like the perfect adjunct since P90x is supposed to be working on the premise of muscle confusion. I can believe it, though. When I did weight watchers long term, I would notice that sometimes when I had a bad week, I would lose weight. Crazy I know. There was even a site, that I can’t remember now, that taught you how to jack your points so you lose more weight. Also when I was on cybertrim 15 years ago and lost a trunk of weight. But there might be other reasons like working out twice a day and all the supplements I took. I also had a 25 year old’s metabolism. Who knows at this point? I remember getting thin quickly. Hell, I could have been in their infomercial. I was Air Force Fine…. But that’s another story.

So I will continue on and weigh myself more frequently. Seems like if I had done that I could have tried to do something to stop the gain and maintain the loss. And starting on Monday I will employ the calorie cycling and see if I can confuse my body into releasing weight.

Work with me Lord!



Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue