Today's Breakfast ....

Was Amazing!!!!!!


Peace People!

Let me tell you was has me, my taste-buds, and my God all geeked this morning... Sausage seitan!!!!!!

Yesterday was an epic cooking day for me. I have collected all the groceries I needed for this week's cooking. And at the end of this coming week, there is a rally. and y'all know I like to make a "Big Mama" meal for Rally Sunday. I bought a lot of gluten at the co-op and had some extra. I thought, "Why not?"

Here are the delectable little boogers, the corresponding recipe and the site.


That's them after they came out of the water bath.


This is them open.


INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 cup pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cold vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, grated (with a microplane, or very finely minced)
- 1 1/4 cups vital wheat gluten
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fennel seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Several dashes fresh black pepper

METHOD
1. Before mixing your ingredients, get your steaming apparatus ready, bring water to a full boil. The rest of the recipe comes together very quickly.

2. Have ready 6 sheets of tin foil. In a large bowl, mash the pinto beans until no whole ones are left. Throw all the other ingredients together in the order listed and mix with a fork. Divide dough into 6 even parts. Place one part of dough into tin foil and mold into about a 5 inch log. Wrap dough in tin foil, like a tootsie roll. Don’t worry too much about shaping it, it will snap into shape while it’s steaming because this recipe is awesome.

3. Place wrapped sausages in steamer/water bath and steam for 40 minutes.

This is very easy recipe and it does come together really fast. VeganDad isn't lying about that. They remind me of the tofurkey sausages. And I got 7 6" sausages that were about 1.5" in diameter.

For real.... these are friggin' good! MAKE THESE!


http://vegandad.blogspot.com/2008/03/homemade-sausages.html



Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue