Fit ss. Thin


Peace.

Every morning that I work, I take a leisurely walk from the bus stop to the job. It's about 1.5 miles and I can walk it in 15-20 minutes. Sometimes as quick as 10 if I hump. But not usually. I don't like to rush like that. I use that time to meditate and get my head right for the day. There is a woman who I ride the bus and if the weather is inclement, the train, who noticed that I have been getting my walk on. She works across the street from me and she has been intrigued by me walking. (Her words not mine) Last week, She and I reached the same point at the same time; her on the train and me walking. She was impressed. Anyway, this morning she decided to join me. This is what and how this build was made.

In order for us to move together I had to slow down some. She flat out on 2 occasions had to stop and sit. It took about 30 minutes to get from the bus stop to the job. I hadn't broken a sweat (it was only 73 blessed degrees) but she was puddling. Just before parted company, she said it was amazing that I could be in such good shape and not be thin. Really?

Now I'm not sure how she meant that. We have been riding the bus together for about 2 years, but we are bus friends and not girl friends. So I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt and say she didn't mean to insult me. She might have. I'm assuming she thought she was going to teach me something about walking or maybe catch me making a donut run. Neither happened. So this is my question.... Why do folks believe that ONLY thin people are fit?

I have said before that I am a thick chick. I ain't shamed. I look good and will tell you so in a New York minute. People assume that I am plagued with the big Black girl issues. Hypertension, diabetes, swine addiction. I don't have any of them. My blood pressure is so low, that the doctor's offices take it multiple times before they believe it's accurate. I do not have sugar and I am a decade long vegetarian. So why wouldn't I be healthy? Is thinness synonymous with health?

The chick that walked with me could not hang with me and this made her ashamed. If I had a Williams sister body, she would not feel so bad. As a matter of fact, she would feel vindicated. But because I don't that makes her feel like I shouldn't be able to do something she cannot? Come on.

I hate going to the doctor when I'm ill because I never get any useful assistance. And I have to pay for the pleasure of being insulted. Doctors will put all kinds of blame on my weight and never consider that there could be another reason why I have whatever affliction that brought me there. Luckily I hardly ever get sick. Another wonder of the world. And I consciously chose overweight doctors. They tend to be less weight-judgmental.

The God hurt my feelings a few months back. When I was raw fooding it I lost like 2-3 dress sizes. At the time we weren't living together so when he saw me he was like WOW! Then he said..... That he was more attracted to me at that weight than any other weight he saw me at. See now, why did he have to say that? That's the kind of shit that really pisses me off. I recognize people have their preferences. But I try to stay away from people for whom appearances make a big difference. My parents marriage ended for a number of reasons, but when my mother gained weight after bearing my father's 1st child, he was no longer attracted to her; and wasn't willing to work on the other problems they had. I do not want to have to deal with this at this point of my life. Also I recognized that when I went back to cooked food, I was going to regain that weight and that is precisely what happened. He is still around, but I am constantly looking at him fish-eyed because of said comment.

Back to the morning chick.... She, with her thin self, clearly thought she was superior to me in physical fitness. She got knocked down a peg in her own estimation. I'm curious on what she is going to do now? Is she going to start working out on her own and then come back and speed walk me to oblivion? That's a joke, I don't speed walk. Or is she going to avoid me and stop talking to me out of embarrassment? Or will she continue to walk with me until she gets her speed up? Who knows? Who cares? She needs to be mindful not to insult me again. She might mess around and catch me on a hormone imbalance and then I won't be so considerate of her feelings.




Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue