Ayurveda

Peace,

In my previous post, I stated that I was going back to yoga. I am. But that's not all...

I have been a researcher, for the most part, on Ayurveda. There are some things I add on to my personal cipher and some things I don't. I'm not judging myself because if folks were honest that's exactly how they get down with the various modalities and lifestyles.

I see yoga as not only exercise (although, that's mostly how I have been approaching it) but as a lifestyle. It includes body, mind and soul. I define soul as that which is within that is not controlled by rational thought. Clearly, the yoga will take care of the physical exercise and the Ayurveda will govern the whys and hows of my routine and diet. Ayurveda also provides some healing modalities, but healing is not necessary if you don't get ill in the 1st place now does it?

Ayurveda literally means "The science of life." Now you know I couldn't let the fact that those words literally show up in 120 pass, right? 18:40 mentions that one of the things that a civilized person teaches the uncivilized is "The science of everything in life." That was all I needed.

I have found the study of Ayurveda to be very enlightening on many levels. Actually I have been studying it since 1999 or Born Born for those of y'all that get that. It validated a lot about myself that I had noticed. I used to try to force my body into a preconceived picture frame because that's what I thought I should do to be right. But Ayurveda teaches that folks are different and that's okay, will fall victim to different conditions and required different approaches to wellness.

If y'all have not done the Knowledge to Ayurveda, you should. Not saying it will work for everyone or that everyone will have the interest I do. The God adores traditional Chinese medicine and I..... Don't. But you may find something that may help you.


Toodles!



Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue