Dinacharya

Peace,

One of the concepts that Ayurveda teaches is the need for routine. There are seasonal and daily routines. Dinacharya literally means Daily=dina routine=charya.

There are 2 cycles in a day. Each cycle is broken up into 3 sections. Those 3 sections correspond with the 3 doshas. 6am to 10pm – Kapha 10am to 2pm – Pitta 2pm to 6pm – Vata. There are 2 distinct sets of activities depending on the cycle.

My morning cycle looks like this...
Get up between 4:30 and 5:30
Brush my teeth
Wash my face (with an Ayurvedic recipe)
Rinse out my nose
Clean my eyes
Massage my body with oil
Do some yoga all greasy
Shower
Meditation
Breakfast
Work
Lunch gets in there

The evening cycle look like this....
Dinner
Light exercise (emphasis on light)
Pondering of day's activities
Shower
Sleep.

The evening is the antithesis of the morning because where as you spend 6am-6-pm mostly working, you spend 6pm-6am mostly in relaxation mode.

This routine is working for me. I feel very balanced all throughout my day. And I don't have my constitutional's diseases. I'm not saying dinacharya is the reason, but I'm sure it's helping. When you seem to have control of your mind and the day, life just seems less hideous.


Toodles.



Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue