Old Friend....

I just reconnected with an old friend from my past. He and I used to be inseperable. He was always with me and performed various and sundry tasks for me. We were so close that he has touched every part of my body. We parted company because I heard some disturbing rumors about him and we had a run in or two. I didn't give him the benefit of the doubt. I just kicked him to the curb for another. But he and I have found our way back to each other. I had missed him. Now some of those rumors were true. So our new relationship will be qualified and re-qualified as we go along. But somehow I think he will be in my life forever. I love you..... Vaseline!

I stopped using vaseline or petoleum jelly years ago becaue of the mineral oil and the way it's processed. It is a by product of oil refinery. That doesn't sound like anything I want to slather all over my body. Also I was noticing that I would get body acne when using vaseline. Yick. Not a good look. I just didn't think it was a good fit for me anymore. So I went over to the various butter blends. And nothing was wrong with those. But I missed how moisturised and soft my skin would be all day long. The butters wear off and have to be reapplied a few times a day. The only time I'd have to reapply vaseline was if I had washed it off me somehow.

And y'all know vaseline can do double duty. Youcan use it in your hair on your lips even to shine your shoes. Your not gonna do that with them expensive designer butters. In a pinch... You can swallow a finger full and it will laxitize you. Damn you cannot beat this stuff. And you can fine off brand petoleum jelly in a big tub at the dollar store!

What brought me back? I was suffering bad with excema this winter. And here in the Garden there was no transition. It went from cold to hot instantly. My skin started to react to the heat. Really the skin that had been burnt from the excema needed to heal and shed. But the heat wasn't allowing that to happen and causing a heat rash to be superimposed on it. So I took the advice of a doctor friend of mine and bought expensive assed Aquaphor. I had some light success but it was irritating my skin a bit. Normally I look at ingredients, but since this product was so expensive and highly recommended I just went on with things. When I finally looked at the ingredients, know what was the main ingredient? You guessed it. Petroleum jelly. That Aquaphor cost $13! You know how much vaseline I could get for $13!!!!! What was making me itch was the lanolin.

Well Boojie Earth that I am. bought a tub of vaseline and swapped jars with the Aquaphor. I didn't throw away the original product... $13 for real... Now I use the original product to shine my shoes or fix squeaky things. I have only noticed one body zit, but I can live with that since my body is improving so much (and quickly). I have increased my water intake. That's what I would do with a zit on my face. It's all good.

LTD Take me home!
Every time I move I lose
When I look I'm in
Every time I turn around
Back in love again...



Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue