Swine Satisfaction!

I wrote on yesterday that I was bored. After I got it all nice and posted I did what I do best…. I overanalyzed the situation. This is what I came up with…

Q. If I am so bored, why am I bored?
A. I have been eating the same thing over and over again

Q. How do I fix that?
A. Go internal and see what the body is wanting

Q. On May 6th, what does this body want?
A. Sausage!

Okay… WTF? I’m a vegetarian for nearly 10 years. Right now, a raw foodist. Why would I be looking to eat a piece of sausage? More importantly, I’m righteous, and that ain’t never gonna happen again. And I wanted some of that country sagey, hot sausage at that. Maybe a biscuit with some of that pork gravy that I used to love and blood pudding….. Mmmmmm…. Now a days, I don’t eat pork, but in the past, when I did eat it…. I ate all the nastiness you could think of. Head cheese or souse on a cracker to be lady-like, chittlins at the holidays (with a small fork), ribs all year long because my mother loves her pork (cut off the bone off course. That’s how ladies eat ribs). In her hometown there is a place called Sweatmans and they roast a hog, in a pit, daily. You know it’s good too, cause it’s deeeeeep in the country. You go out there, you going out there on purpose. The hash, the ribs, the skins…. OMG… you had to chew on it all day before it was soft enough to swallow. Anywho…

I decided to be creative and proactive. It wasn’t the pork I desired. My head and stomach knows that if I ate a piece of pork sausage I would get sick. So what is it about the sausage that is so appealing? Maybe the texture? Sage? Heat? The greasiness? OK. I came up with a raw nut version of the sausage and made it last night. Here it is….

1 cup walnut/almond combo soaked for 2 hours
1 cup of mushroom stems
¼ cup of olive oil
½ cup of flaxmeal
1 tablespoon Nutritional yeast
2 tablespoons liquid aminos
½ heaping teaspoon Dried basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon Poultry seasoning
1/2 teaspoon Paprika
1 teaspoon Sage
1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

I happened to have all this on hand and didn’t have to purchase anything. I mixed up all the above in the now broken food processor (don’t mourn. It was old, and it still kind of works if you nigg-a-rig it with a rubber band) until it was the consistency of a sausage, shaped it into patties and dehydrated at 105* for 8-9 hours.

Yo! They good. They have satisfied my need for sausage. This recipe made about 8 patties. And even though there was no added salt, they are salty. It’s the liquid aminos. They are salty enough that I have already drunk most of my damn water for the day.

What have I learned? (1) Stop bitching and be proactive. (2) Use the overanalyzing to my benefit. And (3) a craving won’t go away until satisfied.



Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue