Healing

Peace.

I'm sick.

For the last few months I have been feeling bad... really bad. I even went to a physician and submitted myself to her care. I had all manner of tests run. Still I have no definitive answer to the question of what is it. I have professional guesses... but nothing concrete.

I gave her a chance. Now I'm a treat my ownself in the way that I have learned through experience works for me....

It's about to get all hotep.....

The root of all dis ease is mucous. I reduce the mucous in my body, I should have some relief. How am I planning to reduce the mucous? The primary way is to fast. Fasting is detoxing and cleansing. And I don't need all these cutesy cleansing beverages that you can purchase pre-made. I'll use actual fruits and veggies from the market. (One day I'll have my garden....) My cleanse should detox me of whatever has caused my internal issues in the 1st place.

Cleansing is just the 1st step of many. Well not many but 9. This naturopathic process will touch on all the aspects that define '”clean living.” I call it “clean living.” That's not the official name of what I do. There is no name for it because this is authentically me. What I do is a culmination of many different modalities that I have studied for years, months and days

1st the cleanse.... Cleansing is a breakdown... 2nd is the build up. The Yin/yang or the Build/Destroy of it all. Build up includes eating wholefully and mindfully. Choosing to eat food that nourishes me not just food that feels good. Eating food just because it makes you feel good is no different from taking drugs... literally! Even though I don't like supplements, I will take them. I'm not well. I need the overage of vitamins and minerals.

In addition to the change in diet.... I will get fresh air... sunshine.... exercise.... scientific relaxation.... constructive thinking.... have a right mental attitude.... meditate and engage in pleasant hobbies. Western thought is that pharmaceuticals are what heals you. Your own body heals itself. Pharmaceuticals just hold back the negative processes while your body gets it's shit together.

I'm giving myself a season... 90 days... to heal. That will carry me through the end of winter into spring. This is the time of year I've chosen for myself to set aside and internally clean. Panchakarma (google it) is an Ayurvedic practice that means seasonal cleansing. Like spring cleaning for the body. I don't follow it 100% as Ayurveda describes. For a few reasons. I'm not Indian, nor do I live in India. If you are going to do something, it has to fit with who you are as a person and where you reside on the planet. Food that grows in our area is for YOU to eat. The planet knows that humans live all over the place. The food that grows locally is what you need to be eating to survive in that exact place. Same is true for oils, herbs etc. Ayurvedic techniques, as is, works for Indians in India. So when I translate them... I translate it for a Black woman living in the US. I would have loved to learn the African health systems. But you know how him/devil does when he is confronted with something better than himself.... think about it... Egyptians build pyramids so good, they've been standing eons... You know their medical system had to have crack cocaine sprinkled all over it!

I'm glad I went to the physician. The tests she had run, actually gave me a clean bill of health. I knew there was nothing that she could do for me other than medicate me for something she isn't sure I have. I feel completely okay with following my own protocol since according to the MD, I'm fine.

Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue