New Year, New Plans....

Peace.

Here we are.... another year! I'm geeked. I'm looking forward to this year. I actually have scheduled happiness. I'm getting old... I'm done just doing the survival thing. It's time to thrive!!!!

Of course I have a few... and I mean few... resolutions. Last year I wanted to eat more healthfully... cleaner. I finally in the last quarter figured out how to do that. The whole”playing with my food” thing has been profoundly useful in eating clean and whole foods without feeling like I'm being deprived or punished. These recipes have been calling for the foods made from scratch.

Last year I ran about as much as I wanted to. That race was a death knoll. I thought I was running, Apparently I wasn't. That kind of ruined it for me. I've been trying to get back in the swing of things. It's coming along slowly. Anywho.... I have a book on cycling, a bicycle and a hat. I think that will be my next thing. Intersperse that with running. I'm actually trying to create a bootleg crossfit regimen. I've been doing the knowledge to crossfit and where as I think it's too extreme for me at my age and level of fitness. I can do an abbreviated version. P90x ruined me from trying that type of workout again. Through the winter, I want to work on upper body strength. I have none. I'm waiting on the weights to go on sale. I would like 2 8lb kettle balls.

As far as my diet goes, I'm switching up some things. I ALWAYS have the same plans... 21 day fast and emerge raw... I have never been successful at that. So I am going to take the whole season and work my program rather than the deep fast near the equinox. That way I won't experience the shocking detox. So I've begun....

Last week I got truly diligent about my vitamins. I take B-complex, triphalla, bee pollen, fish oil, iron, magnesiumand folate in addition to a multivitamin. Each supplement has a reason for taking. Multi is for full coverage. Mg prevents severe PMS. Bee pollen and folate are for this last ditch run on my fertility. Seriously... I'm no longer going to be open to babies after June. Triphalla is for my fibroids... that I can feel... with my hand... without trying hard. Iron is for my anemia which looks like it's getting worse. (I'm tired, my eyes look weak and my BM is too light) Fish oil is a healthy tonic. And the B-complex is because I'm a vegetarian. That is the deficiency we get. And I can see evidence of said deficiency. Supplements are the ONLY medicine-like substance I ever plan to take.

This week, I am drinking all the water. And that's not easy. I'm a big girl and to get in half my weight in ounces means I can't drink anything else. That's more than a gallon of water daily... shit! I wanna lose weight just to stop drinking all that damn water. Sadly that means no soda. That really hurts. I have a thing... and unholy thing... for Coca Cola. I'm going back to only drinking it during shark week.

I'm going to do something each week. Next week.... backing away from processed snacks. Not backing away from snacking. Just the processed snacking. I plan to replace the bad snacks with good ones.

The week after I want to edge on into smoothies for breakfast again.

By the end of the month I want to be off processed coffee. And this time truly find something to take it's place. Suggestions would be nice.... I'm just saying. It's not that I think coffee is bad. Not at all. And I only do 1 cup/day. But the way coffee get in folks hands is where I have a problem. K-cups are the trend now and do you know whats in them or how that water gets hot so fast? Freeze dried is too processed for my taste. And to make a proper cup, I'd have to make it at home and takes too much time. I'm not getting up early for coffee. I prefer the sleep. I am going to get one of those coffee cookers. I used to have one but I've moved so many times.... and only make coffee sparingly and buy it in beans when I'm going to drink it.

Coffee cooker....

By February, I want to get into movement type activities. I should be ready to bike then. But I will start with walking on the weekends. There are trails close by. But in this county vs the one I lived in before... people get murdered on these trails. Not so much the previous ones. Makes me nervous. And I don't have a support system that folks would walk with me. And exercising in my own neighborhood has the cops checking me for solicitation. I need a treadmill..... Also I want to continue the yoga and work on improving my upper body strength. I wished I loved exercising, but I don't.

I will fast, but not for 21 days. Maybe a week to 2 weeks at the end of February. Also do a liver cleanse at the end of that month. February is a perfect month starting on a Sunday and Ending on a Saturday. That's really great timing. Because at the beginning of March, and for the entire month, I'm going to go 100 raw vegan. I already have the 1st week's menu planned.

That is a season of deep cleaning this body. When spring hits, I should be rejuvenated and glowing.

You noticed that losing weight isn't on the list. It because I have finally accepted my body as is. This body does everything I have ever asked it to do and keeps bouncing back. I nourish it with supplements, exercise, get all the sleep I can and healthy eating internally. Externally I work my eczema program, on;y wear natural fibers and use only natural products. I maintain all the hygienic principles. I'm damn good to this body. If it doesn't want to be skinny, it doesn't have to be. I'm good and still look good. What more can I ask?


Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backsliding on Home

"I Itch"

Skirting the Issue